Busking John Lennon

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

suziko wrote:
Al,

Well, I guess it's better to have a wardrobe malfunction than a guitar malfunction! I thought that sounded great and I'm looking forward to you adding your vocals to it (or maybe you and Pierre!). I've always loved this song and watching you play it gave me a whole new respect for how challenging it actually is! Definitely not a campfire strummer.

Suzi

Hi Suzi,

No wardrobe malfunction. I did have an avian malfunction though! It's funny that no one has mentioned Mohawk yet.
He was screeching for me downstairs and I couldn't get anything recorded! I had to bring him upstairs with me so he'd shut up!

Give this song a try- and let me know how it goes..

dekotaj

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Al.Great to have you posting again.Enjoy watching folks do there song.

Never was a Lennon fan.So don't know his songs.This tune sounded good,Bravo!!.Is that a Taylor your playing?Still have the Martin and the Fender??

Kev

BobR

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Al,

That is sounding pretty good. I haven't looked at the lesson, but it looks like some interesting changes. I have no doubt you'll have it where you want it soon.

Bob

Hi Mohawk

MarkM

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Al,

Great to see you again. This is one of my all time favorite songs. You are right in that the studio version that Neil has a lesson on is pretty difficult to master. You are doing a great job with the little hammerons on this. I really like the sound you are getting out of that guitar. I've been working on Lennon's acoustic version of this song. Both are outstanding songs but I dig the vibe from the solo acoustic one. Not to mention that it is alot easier. Keep at it and you'll be there in no time. I'm looking forward to your update as you move along with this.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Solid work Al. Can I suggest your next Beatles song... And Your Bird Can Sing? :)

pbraun

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Al,
Very nice, what a great song to get under your belt. Like Mark I have tried the stripped down version some, easier but not easy! Waiting for your finished work!
How is your back, I see your using a strap?
Pete

dennisg

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:52 am

Wow, what interesting, unusual, and fascinating chords in this song, Al. Any plans to add your voice to this? And I'm curious why you're spending so much time with your little Taylor lately.

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey guys,

Writing this from New York.. Am here on a small vacay with the fam. Loving it!!

Our hotel borders Central Park and is about a 10 minute stroll to the "Strawberry Fields" memorial in the park.
Also a stones-throw to Lennon's apartment. Took a few pics but I doubt I'll be able to upload them here. I've never had much luck with that in the forums.

Thanks for the additional comments to the upload. Will reply when I have more time.

Be well.

dennisg

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey guys,

Our hotel borders Central Park and is about a 10 minute stroll to the "Strawberry Fields" memorial in the park.
Also a stones-throw to Lennon's apartment. Took a few pics but I doubt I'll be able to upload them here. I've never had much luck with that in the forums.

Thanks for the additional comments to the upload. Will reply when I have more time.

Be well.
Al, if you want a real New York experience, take your family to the Carnegie Deli for a corned beef sandwich and a bowl of kreplach soup. Maybe a side of kishke. Oh, and a Doctor Brown's Cel-Ray soda.

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 am

dennisg wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Hey guys,

Be well.
Al, if you want a real New York experience, take your family to the Carnegie Deli for a corned beef sandwich and a bowl of kreplach soup. Maybe a side of kishke. Oh, and a Doctor Brown's Cel-Ray soda.

Hey Dennis,

We did walk past the deli but had already eaten. :(
Will do it on our next trip back- as we only scratched the surface of things to do in the Big Apple!
My daughter loved everything about it and says she'd like to live there one day. It's such a great city.
I'll upload some shots to a folder in my profile for those that want to check it out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic