Busking John Lennon

ffsooo3

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 am

Good job. I think your playing was very good. I'm gonna have to try this song - such nice chord changes.

BobR

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Pete,

I remembered seeing your post yesterday but I couldn't view it. Now I got to see it and think you did a really nice job.

Bob

tombo1230

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Well done mate, that was great. Thanks for sharing.

Tom N.

haoli25

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Great job, Pete. A very nice tribute to an amazing man. Thanks.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Pete, what an improvement on your strumming, you sound very smooth and really seem to enjoy playing. It is a greast tribute to John.

Marc

pbraun

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 am

Thank You everyone for the kind words. This was a fun song to learn. I have always considered the loss of John in such a tragic way just unthinkable. I watched a couple of the PBS specials over the past few weeks and it just seemed right to learn a song of Johns.
Although over the years my view of Yoko has soften, figuring well John loved her so I can understand I guess, I must admit I still skip over her songs, and it is a lot easier with CDs than picking the needle of a LP player!

Thanks again
Pete

rapsidy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi pete that was great you are sooo close with this song, by the sounds of it you havent been playing it long so more practice will get it sounding top notch but it was really hearfelt . JL is a tough act to follow and so is this song... It would be nice to hear it again once you have practiced it more. i hope you repost..

chris i liked your little insight here.. especially the necking in public part :laugh:

"As to John, what a loss! The world was robbed of all the songs he would have created and all the provocative thoughts he'd have initiated. I'd have loved to hear what he had to sing as he moved beyond singing about Yoko. No offence intended to her, but but apart from Woman, most of the songs about and with her really sucked and it was like watching two teenagers necking in public, awkward and inappropriate. We all loved John but Yoko was always on a losing wicket because she was seen to be steeling John from the Beatles and us. And her arty ideas just didn't translate into music... and John didn't have a filter to recognise that. "

Brad

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Pete, I completely missed this one when you first posted it. Just to let you know I think it was well played and you have a good voice.
Obviously you've made good progress !

Pierre

michelew

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Pete,

That was really nice and heart-felt. Your playing was really steady too.

Good job.

Michele

pbraun

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks Brad, Pierre and Michelle. I need to keep playing this and continue to smooth it out.
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic