Busking John Lennon

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi all,
It's John Lennon's birthday 3 days from now ...
on this fine Saturday evening, I just couldn't wait until Tuesday to upload my take of Neil's lesson on Lennon's "Watching the Wheels"

Those of you who know me a bit will notice that I'm up to some of my old tricks ... fun !

And a head's up to AcousticAl (hey man !), who put up an instrumental version a bit earlier in this thread.

Just for the fun of it, I'm putting it in this busking thread first, but will also add it to the Target members section for (hopefully) a review by Neil.

What is there to say ... sure miss you John !

Watching the Wheels

tovo

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Pierre très bon Monsieur! I really enjoyed it. The only regret for me is that you didn't mic your voice, because it sounded damn fine and I wanted to hear it a bit louder over the guitar. Still it was so good to see you on a sunny day.

I agree with you my friend....sure do miss that genius named John. Why do such senseless things happen? I'll never know.

Thanks for a nice upload.

daryl

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 am

Nice job. Loved the opening lyric.....somehow it seems so appropriate for you. :silly:

Gotta agree with Tony about the whole senselessness of John's murder.

Lavallee

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 am

Salut Pierre,

Good work on Watching the wheels. You got that tricky little riff down easy now. For having the chance to practice with you a number of times, besides the guitar part that you handle very well, I am always amazed with the facility you have to remember the words of all the songs we have worked on. It does not show of course in the videos because it is one song at the time, but whenever we play a song, you rarely need the words written, you just remember.

Marc

pbraun

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am

Way to go Pierre, Waht a great way to celebrate Johns Birthday, ...I'm just sitting here watching....
Pete

tombo1230

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 am

Great job Pierre, that's a truly great Lennon song you performed there. I couldn't help noticing you were really enjoying that yourself.
You were even wearing Lennons glasses. (Or very close) B) :)

Really enjoyed that!

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Tony, a microphone for vocals is on my wishlist, along with the red tricycle. Just got to prioritize, I guess.
And as for all human beings there are two anniversaries: one for coming in, the other for going out.
When it comes to Lennon, we may forgive ourselves for being repetitive on each of these occasions ... we always say "damn it, should not have ended so soon" !
But it's nice to hear from you, my friend.

daryl wrote:
Loved the opening lyric.....somehow it seems so appropriate for you. :silly:
Funny you should say that, it reminds me of something that happened to me the other day ... oh, come to think of it ... that wasn't me, so never mind.
Thanks daryl ! See ya around :)

Marc, the main riff is beginning to register better, but the flow is not quite satisfactory yet.
It's a challenging arrangement for me, and it does open up possibilities for other tunes.
Thank you for the compliment regarding my memory ... now why did I come down to the basement with a screwdriver in my hand ?
À bientôt :)

Pete, I can smell a fellow Lennon fanatic from a mile away. Oops, don't take that the wrong way ...
Thanks for the heads up !

Tom, thank you. Yes, I was having fun on a sunny day, letting obligations slide ... just had to let them go ...

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic