Busking Pink Floyd

juanlla

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 am

Guy,
Thanks for you encouraging words, I'll follow your advide and seek Neil's feedback,
Ness, thanks for your singing tip, I'll work on it as you suggested. However I don't know what happends but whenever I have either someone in front or trying to record, It is impossible to reach the high notes ( I guess I'd call it embarrasment...)

Willem, deffinitively you should try this one. Neils lesson is awesome and playing this song, at least to me provides a very relaxing experience.

Thanks again
Juan

silvereagles

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:04 am

Pink Floyd is in Holland??? :ohmy:

My first thought was: 'how can it be? Without Rick Wright?' (he's deceased)

Then I thought 'wait a minute, you mean Roger Waters is in Holland? Right?' :dry: ;)

willem wrote:
Juan hi,,i enjoyed it very much and you certain inspired my to give it a try,,well ones,,,,and geuss!!! PINK FLOYD is here this weekend in the Netherlands and gives three times a big show ''THE WALL''',,its a pity i can't be there,,two friends are going so they will report on how great they are,, thanks for sharing and looking forwards to more post's....you do very well..

MarkM

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:38 am

Juan,

I really enjoyed your version of this song. I though the strumming was really well done. It's good to see another video from you!!!! You looked very relaxed playing this as well. All around great job!!!

MarkM

BobR

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 am

Juan,

Very nicely done. That's one of my favorite PF tunes as well.

Thanks for the look.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Nice job Jaun! Great to see you posting a video and doing such a good job. Well done!

rapsidy

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:32 am

daryl

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 am

Brad, WOW. I don't remember your 1st or 3rd video but this one is rock solid. Strong confident vocals, good control on your fretting hand. And great strumming - you kept you hand/arm in motion to the beat of the song even when you weren't hitting the strings. All around really really good!

Edit: Hey Brad what happened to your post? It's empty. :( Well at least I got to see it. And I thought it was GREAT!

snipe

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Young Lust
Played it with a vocals backing track through my amp. Appreciate any feedback.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey Mike,

This rocks out, I can only enjoy and say it looks like a real fun tune to play.

My son lent me an electric he could spare 6 months ago ... only tried it out for 15 minutes (it's sitting just beside me, wondering what I might hope to do with it).

So it turns out I'm also asking you for comments ... your impressions of what might motivate me to experiment with electric guitar ?

For example, have you found that playing electric guitar has given you insights for playing acoustic ?

Or just the buzz of that particular instrument ? (Not everything can be put into words) ... but try ?

Also, the look on your face is inimitable :P

Pierre

familyman4

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Mike,

Looks like you've got those Pink Floyd leads down cold! Nice that you are playing a Fender tele since that's what David Gilmore always played as well.

I liked it a lot. Do you purchase tracks to play along with or was that the original music you were playing with?

Nice job...
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic