Busking Pink Floyd

Craig

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks Scott!
I'm glad to know that it's not just me with the strumming/fingerpicking. Sometimes I can just mindlessly fingerpick but have to really concentrate on my strumming! I appreciate you taking the time to watch.
Craig

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 am

@Marc: Looks like I didn't comment on Wish You Were Here yet.... not sure how I missed that. Sounded really good and has moved on well since I heard it "live". And sung! Great job! :-)

Lavallee

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Merci mon ami Chris, you do not have to apologize. I often miss post in the busking section myself. It would be nice if some kind of flag Like an icon would show when there is a new post with a video in the Busking section. I do appreciate you took the time to comment though. I will never sing anywhere near you even when you have a sore throat, but it is fun practicing.

Cheers

Marc

juanlla

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm

This is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs and got encouraged looking other TG members busking it....

Hope you enjoy it, all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Juan Llaurò

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Craig

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Juan,
Nice job! I'm not much for technical advice, but I thought you did a good job strumming and singing. I look forward to your next post!
Keep up the good work.
Craig

tovo

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Juan I thought you did a great job of it. I really did enjoy it very much. Thanks for uploading it. I would say that Pink Floyd is of course an iconic band, but one that I am personally more into now as a result of my education on TG than I was previously. It's cool to get turned onto bands and learn more of their music through TG friends. I see that you were inspired to cover it after watching others here. That's cool also.

familyman4

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Juan!

If I may ask, why not post this in the review-channel? It's a Target-song for sure, so I'm positive that Neil would really like to watch you play and sing this. Of course he'll watch it anyway, but he won't review it, since it's in the Busking-tread.

Anyway, of course, no pressure intended, whatever you like! ;)

As for your video, wich I enjoyed a lot since it's my móst favorite song of PF, I think you did a very good job on the strumming wich was quite solid all the way through. It just sounded really well and you kept playing it consistently, very well done!

As for the singing, if you don't care about it, then don't read any of the following, if you do, well then.....here's what I noticed:

You started very well, since the Waters-part suits the range of your voice, you have a very nice voice to listen to as well. Later when getting in to Gilmour-part, well it's quite a high part, so it's not easy to reach for a male. Gilmour sings this by starting with a D-note (2nd string), and I noticed that you started with an A-note (3rd string). As for the 'Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....have become comfortably numb'. That note is really high, you sang a C# (2nd string) while it's actually an E, open first string. Again, I know all those notes are quite high, but you might wanna try to reach those anyway, that is if you want to of course! Like I said you have a very nice voice to listen to and the fact that you are playing ánd singing is already a gréat accomplishment! The rest is just details...

Thanks Juan for sharing this fantástic song with us, great to watch another video of you again!

Cheers

Ness

jayswett

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice job, Juan. I enjoyed it and agree with Nesh that perhaps you might like to have Neil review this by putting it in the Uploaded Videos for Review area. I'd love to hear his thoughts on your performance. I could not see much to improve, but I'm sure Neil would find a helpful hint or two.

Lavallee

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi Juan, nice performance on the song, nice smooth strumming and great to hear you sing.. I second (or third) that you should re post it in the student review.

Marc

willem

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:41 am

Juan hi,,i enjoyed it very much and you certain inspired my to give it a try,,well ones,,,,and geuss!!! PINK FLOYD is here this weekend in the Netherlands and gives three times a big show ''THE WALL''',,its a pity i can't be there,,two friends are going so they will report on how great they are,, thanks for sharing and looking forwards to more post's....you do very well..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic