Busking Kelly Joe Phelps

beaker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 am

Mark and Marc,
Thanks for watching my version of Sally Ruby. I am glad that you liked it. Mark, yeah I definitely recommend checking out Kelly Joe. He has some really good video's on You Tube. He is a truly incredible musician. Marc, yeah, you are right, I am posting fast songs. I think that is largely because I usually post my challenge songs. But I am going to take up a new challenge.... to play something slow to medium paced but play it with feeling and make every note count like I have seen some others do recently (Mark.... Romanza) Thanks again. Beaker.

sbutler

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

Wow Beaker, he looks like just another good ole' boy that can really make that guitar talk...

I'm with everyone else, you've done pretty well to get as far along with his songs as you have. And yes, thanks for sharing his name with us. This is the kind of guy that may pop up in a much bigger venue in the future.

Great job.

Scott

BigBear

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Beaker- Great job buddy!! Like everyone else it seems, I don't know Kelly Joe Phelps but if that song is indicative of his work I really need to check him out. Your could be his sales force.

Very nice finger picking. You seem to have it under control and you sounded great.

You've been on a roll lately!! Keep it up because it is most enjoyable!! :cheer:

Lavallee

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Beaker, that was great!!

When I saw 'Busking Kelly Joe Phelps' I thought, 'hmm....I've heard of him' and when opening this thread I remembered why, it was because of you, when you put up your first vid' of him! ;)

Anyway, great to hear/watch you tackle another one of his, enjoyed it very much!

So when you're gonna collaborate with Hesser again? That was so great as well!

Cheers

Ness

beaker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Scott, BigBear & Vanessa.
Thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate it. The song is a lot of fun to play and yeah, I do hope to turn people on to this great artist. Just for everyone's pure enjoyment though, because this is primarily an acoustic guitar site and Kelly Joe is a virtuoso player. He's been around for quite a while (1st Cd in 94'), so I don't really see him catching on with massive popularity any time soon ( I saw him play a "house" concert in someone's back yard last summer in Bellingham, WA) but I do think he appeals to guitar players, folkies & other musician types. Once again, thanks a lot for your time and comments. I feel honoured to add this to the mix of great music being played by all of us lately. It seems like soooo many of us are doing really well. Beaker.

Hesser and I have not jammed in a while, but we will soon, and we will film it! We both have big musical aspirations so we have been practicing so we can put up something proud!

lueders

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Never heard of this dude, Beaker but like others have said,this definitely makes me want to see/hear more of K.J.P. It is good to see you back from sabbatical and kicking butt again! (Some of your past posts of blues playing had my eyes poppin' outta my head...still not sure how you pulled one of those off.) On this one, nice playing & thanks for the introduction to what looks to be a phenomenal artist.

Cori

hesser

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:52 am

Hey Arran,

Nice work! Sounding better and better all the time. As for another collaboration..... not sure I could keep up with you anymore!!
Mike

antgreenwood

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi

I did one of his instrumental songs a while ago:

Got a better audio recording of it here:

beaker

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Antgreenwood, Wow! Your version of Macdougal is amazing! really great! I want to learn that one too! Nice inspiration. Beaker.

antgreenwood

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks!

I tabbed it out as I was learning it so if you want you can see the tab here:

http://tab.anthonygreenwood.co.uk/kjp/mac.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic