Busking Jack Johnson

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

daryl wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

Daryl- YES! I do hate that. I can't describe how deceivingly difficult this song is. The strumming isn't too bad if that's all you're doing. But then adding vocals that don't go with the strumming is the killer. The fact that it's slow really helps though.
Btw- I don't know why you say you couldn't attempt this song. You're a very good player.

[/quote]I guess what I meant was that I would never attempt to play AND sing this song. VERY difficult timing and phrasing. I think I could get the strumming down OK but to add the singing on top is almost like playing two songs at once! :blink:[/quote]

I got ya. And as it was- I actually simplified the strumming a bit. Jack's strumming (we're on a 1st name basis) is more complicated. He hits more open strings etc.

Here's the orig for those who haven't heard it.

suziko

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 am

Well, what's not to like about that! I can tell, from your comments, that the song was tricky to play and sing at the same time, but if I were judging on your performance I never would have guessed it. You seemed really laid back and comfortable with it, and I think your voice sounds perfect for this song. Great job, Al! Now, go buy another set of clothes, you shlub! I demand wardrobe changes between videos!!

:)

suzi

dekotaj

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am

BRAVO!!! Al

Just a fantastic job playing and singing!Got to go with Suzi,Sure look like you had no problem kicking the crap out of that song.After hearing J.J. do it.The only thing missing from yours was the bongo part.Great song Sir!and BRAVO again!!!

Kevin

snipe

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 am

Really nicely done. Enjoyed this one alot

Mike

willem

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:49 am

I warn you Al,,now i am distracked away from the collabs..lol..glad you did,,this is a very intresting song on the guitar skills(palm muted klick) and the singin,,i certainly had first a listen to JJ life on the tube and a Justin version before to say you did yes a great job also on mixing it together,,i really really like it,, well i do that with all your uploads...

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 am

Suzi- thanks. I thought you were going to tell me you wanted me in a hawaiian shirt next time.

Kevin- trust me- I felt like kicking the crap out of this song MANY times.

Mike- thank you. About time for a new one from you, no?

Willem- Glad I could tear you away from the collaborations for a few minutes. Thanks for your comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic