Busking Jack Johnson

skaladar

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but Chris, Al and John, just wanna thank you very much for you kind words, means a lot to me!

Michelle, you are to sweet....thank you... :blush:

Thanks for watching,

Ness

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

"Times Like These"

I'm busy today! Target members will notice I'm wearing the same clothes as my Student Review upload :)

This is another song that has haunted me for a few days now. Really fun to play- when I can make it through without making a mistake!
Tough strumming pattern to keep going- especially with the phrasing/lyrics.

Hope you like..

***BTW- There's LOTS of techniques in Jack Johnson songs that would lend themselves to Target lessons.. don'tcha think??

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Nice string muting Al and excellent mix on vocals. Top job!

BobR

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Al,

I really like that song and I think you did it very well. Your real good on the percussive strum. And I see you've got the vocals down as well :)

Very Cool!! :woohoo:

Bob

daryl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Very good job. Don't you hate it when the artist makes it seem SO easy (until you try to play it yourself)? It sounds like a really simple song...but obviously the timing/phrasing is really tricky. I could never attempt a song like that. Actually, the more I think about it you did a great job! And great double tracking job on the vocals.

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Chris- Thanks for popping by and for the comments.

Bob- Very cool is a great way to describe this song- and MANY of JJ's songs. He is big on the percussive strum, so I really worked on that in particular.

Daryl- YES! I do hate that. I can't describe how deceivingly difficult this song is. The strumming isn't too bad if that's all you're doing. But then adding vocals that don't go with the strumming is the killer. The fact that it's slow really helps though.
Btw- I don't know why you say you couldn't attempt this song. You're a very good player.

tvarga

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Wow, that was awesome Al! I loved the harmony and I can only imagine how difficult it was to get the singing right along with the playing. Bravo.
-Tom

Craig

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 am

Al,
Great job all the way around. The strumming (not easy!), the vocals were very good. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 am

Tom- thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. The singing/phrasing wasn't exact, but I'm happy with it.

Craig- thanks as well. As I wrote earlier, the strumming isn't bad if that's all you have to concentrate on. It's nothing that playing it 500 times didn't solve. :S

daryl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:14 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Chris- Thanks for popping by and for the comments.

Bob- Very cool is a great way to describe this song- and MANY of JJ's songs. He is big on the percussive strum, so I really worked on that in particular.

Daryl- YES! I do hate that. I can't describe how deceivingly difficult this song is. The strumming isn't too bad if that's all you're doing. But then adding vocals that don't go with the strumming is the killer. The fact that it's slow really helps though.
Btw- I don't know why you say you couldn't attempt this song. You're a very good player.
I guess what I meant was that I would never attempt to play AND sing this song. VERY difficult timing and phrasing. I think I could get the strumming down OK but to add the singing on top is almost like playing two songs at once! :blink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic