Busking Neil Young

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 am

Can't believe there's no Neil Young yet, peeps!! Time to rectify the situation.. Here's my run at "Old Man".
I actually recorded this about a month ago and have shown it to a few tg friends. A bit of multi-tracking trying to get some other guitar parts and vocals in there (all vocals are me).

Let's see some other N.Y. tunes in this thread!

Al

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 am

BTW- for those that are curious- the guitar isn't plugged in this time. Both vocals and guitar are picked up by the one mic.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:55 am

Great job Al! Your ability to imitate voices (which really works well) and your technical advances are adding up up to some great videos. Oh, not to mention your great playing on that fabulous Martin. First class!

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great job Al! Your ability to imitate voices (which really works well) and your technical advances are adding up up to some great videos. Oh, not to mention your great playing on that fabulous Martin. First class!

Thanks chris. Re. imitating other singers- I don't know if it's good or not.
I do like it when people put their own spin on things. Guess that's just not my forté.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:05 am

Al, your ability to imitate so well, is remarkable and definitely a huge plus when it comes to covering songs. There is no way that I could get that NY sound that you do so it would not sound as good. I think you use this ability exactly as you should.
Oh and BTW, your wish is my command... the Phantom is now everywhere!

Craig

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:08 am

Awesome job Al! That guitar sounds great and your hammer-ons sounded very Neil Young-ish! Congratulations to you and your band! :laugh:
Craig

willem

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am

aL,JUST GREAT,JUST GREAT,,one of my fovorite but can't play it yet,,to much distraked,,about your singin (all parts),,some are immitate well (female sound,,just great,also they others.)But I think your lead singin is just you,,your own voice,,well i think that and almost sure,,i heard your talking voice!!! great job..

Ps next week i have my bosch micro br,,i would buy a edirol but to expensive,,

9all

BobR

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Al,

Sounded really nice. The vocals were real cool too and spot on IMHO.

Great job

Bob

ffsooo3

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Loved it.....the singing, the playing, the multi-tracked voices and guitars, the stereo separation, the sound quality. Great job!

beaker

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Nice one Al! Your recording equipment (and layering ability) really adds to the song. Well played. I am definitely working up a song to add to this thread! Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic