Busking Neil Young

Lavallee

Thu May 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Al, sorry to be late, I mist the posting. This is really good playing. The rhythm with alternating the downstrums, the 1/16th strumming and the muting makes a 10 in my mind. The singing and the harmonies, the whistling , such a level of confidence since the other video (which was good for the time). You were trying to go through the song then now you are playing it.

Marc

AcousticAl

Fri May 04, 2012 8:56 am

Lavallee wrote:
Al, sorry to be late, I mist the posting. This is really good playing. The rhythm with alternating the downstrums, the 1/16th strumming and the muting makes a 10 in my mind. The singing and the harmonies, the whistling , such a level of confidence since the other video (which was good for the time). You were trying to go through the song then now you are playing it.

Marc

Good point, Marc. There comes a point in playing a song that you stop worrying (as much) about hitting the right notes/chords, and you start just enjoying playing the music. Good goal to reach for, I think.

jimcjimc

Thu May 10, 2012 1:12 am

Trying the singing thing with Cowgirl in the Sand.

jimcjimc

Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 am

Cowgirl in the Sand

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

mark

Thu May 10, 2012 3:42 am

Al,
That was probably the best video you have done on totally guitars.
I've probably said that before as you just keep getting better.

You're sound is really smooth and professional sounding now.

Lavallee

Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 am

Hey Wally good playing and signing on that song. Your signing came out very well, you just won't be able to stop now. Singing changes the totally the perception of a song. You did the riff very well along with the resat of the song of course.

Marc

AcousticAl

Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 am

Wally- really enjoyed that.
Your guitar sounds GREAT, and I liked the varying strumming/palm muting you did.

Well done!

daryl

Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 am

Well done Wally. Great sound all around.

AcousticAl

Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 am

mark wrote:
Al,
That was probably the best video you have done on totally guitars.
I've probably said that before as you just keep getting better.

You're sound is really smooth and professional sounding now.

Thanks for commenting, Mark, and I'm glad you think this is my best video that I've uploaded.
I hope to prove you wrong in the future.

:)

MarkM

Thu May 10, 2012 8:18 am

Wally this was one of your finest performances to date. Very well done. Your strumming was crisp and clean while you had great timing throughout. What version of the song were you listening to through the headphones? I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic