wrsomers

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks Willem. I'll remember that.

Bill

michelew

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:02 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Vanessa,
I've been browsing a lot of the older busking uploads and ran across this one. I absolutely love it! Your guitar is so clean and your voice so pure. Great vibrato. I'd love to see you post some lessons on Neil Young. You sing them much better than Neil Young. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Switzerland.

Bill
I couldn't agree with you more. I like Neil Y's songs, but his singing.... I'm not a fan. But Ness always sounds great and I love her interpretation of NY's songs.

Bill - would you mind reposting the specific Video of Ness singing this please. I haven't found it yet.

In case you were after a lesson on this particular song, Neil prepare one. Here's the link.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/76- ... html#97707

willem

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi everybody!

I couldn't resist of course, just love Neil Young songs! I 'stole' the introlick from Neil, the song is in one of his preview-lessons wich I saw even before signing up, of course I could surely use it!

Hope you like it and hope to see anyone else taking a shot at one of NY-songs!

This is: On The Way Home (When I was young, my parents had the 4 Way Street-album of CSN&Y and this was the very first tune, so I couldn't miss it! Originally the song was recorded by the Buffalo Springfield, Neil wrote it and Richie sang the leadvocals.)

Cheers

Vanessa

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
I think this is the one? Bill.

wrsomers

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:10 am

Yes, Shel and Willem that's the one. "On The Way Home".

Bill

willem

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:26 am

wrsomers wrote:
Yes, Shel and Willem that's the one. "On The Way Home".

Bill
It is a pity cos its blocked for the Netherlands but I believe she put it elswhere too,, something with vimeo,, can't remember the link or something like that.

Willem

michelew

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:17 am

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi everybody!

I couldn't resist of course, just love Neil Young songs! I 'stole' the introlick from Neil, the song is in one of his preview-lessons wich I saw even before signing up, of course I could surely use it!

Hope you like it and hope to see anyone else taking a shot at one of NY-songs!

This is: On The Way Home (When I was young, my parents had the 4 Way Street-album of CSN&Y and this was the very first tune, so I couldn't miss it! Originally the song was recorded by the Buffalo Springfield, Neil wrote it and Richie sang the leadvocals.)

Cheers

Vanessa

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
I think this is the one? Bill.
Yep that's a great one to be sure. It sucks for you that you can't watch it again Willem.

I really enjoyed it yet again. No surprises here.

Thanks for digging it up guys.

M

TGNesh

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:38 am

Really appreciate your kind comment Bill.

Neil (our Neil) thinks it's funny, since I always state not being a Neil Young-fan in particular, yet I love many of his songs. :laugh:

Yesterday at the lake in Switzerland I played After The Gold Rush and Chris said that he wouldn't have thought it was a NY-song, since I obviously sing or I should say sound differently. I can't really tell I guess, so it was interesting to hear. In any way, I'm of course pleased that you like it.

Actually I did record two Neil Young lessons. Indeed After The Gold Rush (probably my favorite at the moment) and Expecting To Fly.

Playing the first one at the lake yesterday was, with such a spectacular view, sunshine, good company (no wine at this point, it was before noon :laugh: ) an intensely happy moment. Enjoyed my trip immensely, life's good.

Many thanks again Bill.

Ness

(Unfortunately I can't watch my own videos either....)

wrsomers wrote:
Vanessa,
I've been browsing a lot of the older busking uploads and ran across this one. I absolutely love it! Your guitar is so clean and your voice so pure. Great vibrato. I'd love to see you post some lessons on Neil Young. You sing them much better than Neil Young. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Switzerland.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic