"Train Song" by Mr. & MRS. AcousticAl

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 am

Great stuff from The AcousticAls! Love it. You have become a recording studio Al... you need a name for it... Abbey Road Toronto branch.
Helen sings beautifully. Of course, Michele has hit the nail on the head, Helen needs to be in the foreground ...so get your stage setting sorted! :-)

haoli25

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 am

I'm with Michele on this one, I want your next CD and I am willing to pay extra for the autographed version. WOW!!! That was just amazing. BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! Thanks for posting this wonderful video.

Bill Image

suziko

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 am

Great job, guys. Helen's voice is absolutely beautiful in this song and Al sounds great too, both in singing and playing. I'd never heard this song before but I really like it- I'll have to go find the Feist and Gibbard version and give it a listen.

Also, agreed with Michele- put Helen in the foreground next time!

Suzi

ffsooo3

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:40 am

I missed your 1st collab with Helen. :(

But I've gotta say... what a sweet voice!

Please, can I have some more?

reiver

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:25 am

Most of it's been said already - but I wanted to let you both know how much I enjoyed this..........in spite of the backing musician trying to hog the limelight :)

Very nicely arranged and great performances from both of you. Congratulations - again.

Stuart

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks for all of your comments. We're definitely having fun doing these.

Rick- You're dreaming. Wake up and you'll stop hearing angels. :)

Chas- Funny on the Lady Di look! I noticed it too. This was actually our 3rd take and H was looking to see if I messed it up (again).

Hydro- Thanks for your comment.

Marc- Thanks- I think our voices do compliment each other. I sure hope our band never breaks up!! ;)

Vanessa- Yes- balance is the key. It's very easy to let one part overpower the other.
Also- I think you'd be surprised if you heard the original. I'll post it below.

Michele- No tour scheduled as of yet. Will put you on the VIP list.
Re. you other comment about having less bookcase? I don't know about that. It's been such a staple in all my videos I wouldn't want to offend it. Have to think about that one.

Willem- Thanks for your comment. I think we all inspire each other on here.

Gary- Thanks for taking the time.

Chris- Will start working on studio names. will need one if we ever finish that music room in our basement.

Bill- Thank you. You're always very supportive.

Suzi- Gotcha. Less Al... more Helen. I've always held her back anyways. ;)

Daryl- The first collab should still be up. It's called 'Stolen Houses'.

Stuart- Thanks. The backing musician has been scolded and will do better next time.

BTW- To continue a convo from the Neil Young Busking thread-- I guess this would be as close to 'my voice' as I get.

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 am

The original...

The cover WE covered..

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 am

Al & Helen:

I saw "Train Song", and thought to myself: "No Way"....... Al is doing some Blackfoot........ :woohoo:

Nope....... :(

What I discovered is, you two just introduced me to a very cool song that I had never heard before. Your voices go very well together, and your playing is damn solid Al! I love that you have been doing these videos together. Now you just need to get one up with your daughter singing as well. Make it a family affair.... B) B)

Anyway, you two deserve a big hand and some major pizza points.

Very nicely done. I look forward to the next installment..... ;) ;)

Jason

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks

BobR

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Al / Helen,

That was awesome. Al your playing is smooth and the harmonies are really nice. You both sound terrific.

Thanks for sharing another great performance

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic