Collaboration of Lavallee & Neverfoundthetime Jamming part 1

cosmicmechanic

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:24 pm

I have a suggestion for anyone listening to this through a crummy laptop speaker ... put on headphones !

Great vibe from the two guitars , 6 and 12 string.

I hear that soon teleportation will allow any of us to drop off at Chris's house for wine and cheese in an instant.

I can hardly wait ! (Not sure Chris is that impatient though).

Wonderful video, guys.

Pierre

tovo

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:27 am

Well I just watched this, I think it's been there for a bit. Just great, 2 very good players (and a singer) and also 2 great contributors here at TG. Seeing you together enjoying playing was really wonderful.

Loved it.

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:30 am

Fantastic, guys!! You both sounded great. It is great to play with others- really ups your game, so to speak.

Really great that you could squeeze his in while on a business trip, Marc. I'm off to check out the other vids...

suziko

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 am

That's looked like so much fun, guys!! Loved the beginning. How DID Marc end up negotiating with the guy? In which language? Don't leave us in suspense!!!

Lavallee

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 am

Sorry for the late reply, my mind had turn into jello last night, when I came back.

Thank you Chris for receiving me in your home . It was great to meet with Ale. He live in a lovely small village. When he speaks about the Church near is home, well it is 50 to 75 feet away.

Chris is someone you want to meet , very welcoming , great diner and excellent wine. He is a very interesting person to discuss with, cultivated, the conversations are very interesting.

Guitar wise, you already know how good he is with his singing and strumming. I have played with Pierre that I met about a month a go, which I had posted. So Chris was the second person I jammed with, being a bedroom rocker. it is a interesting challenge as we do not always learn the songs the same way. Anyway the first song we played was strumming but there was this F to G to C sequence that I kept missing. Chris just kept strumming and it did not look so bad.. I did not expect the classical gas to be here, but it was live. The Man on the Moon Song was just before leaving and after some wine.

Marc

suziko

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am

How did I miss a collaboration between Marc and Pierre? Can you point me to it?

Suzi

Lavallee

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 am

suziko wrote:
That's looked like so much fun, guys!! Loved the beginning. How DID Marc end up negotiating with the guy? In which language? Don't leave us in suspense!!!
Suzi, we actually did not get anywhere besides Guten Tag and Dankeshon (my German is perfect but I was testing the teenager on his knowledge of English ;) ) . I knew it was around. My mistake was that Chris told me the address was # 8 but since my GPS did not agree with this, he told me that the old number was something like 243. Having a selective mind I only remembered the 3 thus looking at the wrong place. The number 3 I was looking at, is actually the house where the guitar store is. Great in-house store, the decoration is very warm and he has all kinds of instruments, including some native Australian didgeridoos . Since there were guitars and a saxophone in the window and the name was Schwartz or similar, I had a hint it was not at the right place. While I was speaking to the kid, I lift my eyes to see Chris on his balcony at the other end of the street. He already had his camera, ready for posterity.

Marc

Lavallee

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 am

suziko wrote:
How did I miss a collaboration between Marc and Pierre? Can you point me to it?

Suzi
We practiced as an introduction and we did not film, but we will the next time.

Marc

beaker

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:34 am

Marc & Chris. Hey guys, Nice playing. It sounded very good. Why is chris capo'ed and not Marc? Chris, do you keep that guitar tuned down a semi-tone? Great to see collaborations! Beaker.

willem

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh I envy you guys....that must have been a lot of fun! And of course, great job! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic