Busking Love Songs

lueders

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 am

Did I ever tell you I think your voice sounds just like Lou Reed? It is uncanny! Sounded like Lou Reed covers Eleni...

For just working on that for 24 hours I would say it sure sounds pretty good! I had trouble with the video. So I am go back and watch it again.
But I found myself getting into the lyrical story of it too. Nice Job!

Cori

Lavallee

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 am

Nice song Hydroman, good percussive all down strum, makes it quite interesting. Good signing too

Marc

tovo

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 am

Hydro I really liked it. (By the way you have done an excellent job of keeping your real name to yourself...unless I have missed it...c'mon...just tell me I won't blab!)

Anyway, I sure wouldn't call the singing "weak", you have got a nice tone. Once you have the words down fully you will absolutely nail it. I really liked the driving nature of the tune, really thumps along eh!

Nice addition. I so enjoyed it.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:44 am

Hi Cori,
I'm really impressed by that "work in progress" and I'd very much like to see how it evolves.

This is a bit off the cuff, but are you aware that certain cultures have traditional beliefs in which the passing away of the father transmits his vital energy to his progeny ?
So instead of experiencing a complete letdown, his descendants feel empowered and grateful to him.

Go for it !
Pierre

lueders

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:55 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Cori,
I'm really impressed by that "work in progress" and I'd very much like to see how it evolves.

This is a bit off the cuff, but are you aware that certain cultures have traditional beliefs in which the passing away of the father transmits his vital energy to his progeny ?
So instead of experiencing a complete letdown, his descendants feel empowered and grateful to him.

Go for it !
Pierre
Well thanks Pierre, I rather enjoy that idea. It is a nice thought for sure. Thank you, very much for that. Glad you like the tune. It wants to be more expansive sounding I think. I'll keep pluggin' away with it. Thanks Pierre!

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 am

Hey Hydro,

I had never heard of Eleni before but I might need to check out her stuff. I found that quite enjoyable well done mate.

michelew

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 am

lueders wrote:
Thanks Ladies!!!

Michele, I am glad you like!! And you are kinda the authority on sad/melon collie numbers. I was sorta being a goofball with that squeaky chipmunk stuff @ the end. (as Suzi calls it) (My humor is a little out there.doh) I had thought I would like to speed it up at least a little. But I think the consensus is that is okay where it as at. Maybe will just slowly build up the intensity later on... with section that goes into something else slightly different. Glad you thought the harmonics worked. I couldn't tell if I liked it or it just sounded like an afterthought. So good, the harmonics were kind of a goal. And I get pizza points, so that is a win-win!!

Vanessa I'm glad you liked it, as well. I wasn't 100% sure it really worked or not. But the validation is sure nice!! And, yeah I have some time right now for summer break...so I've been pretty much pitching a tent in front of the computer the last couple of weeks. lol. I am like an addicted fiend! It is ridiculous.Making up for all the practice time I missed out on during the school year I 'spose. b.t.w. Gosh darn it.. it sure good to see you back here!

** Also I would like to make a hard sell for the Daryl's improvisation 101 thread. We need some help...and you both got abilities out the wazoo. So how 'bout it?
It is only a minute and a half; and it is a real simple progression. Common ya know ya want to...
Cori, I've looked at Daryl's thread. No promises. I've put close to no energy into improvisation. But, I'm now learning the C-pentatonic scale. So don't hold your breath, but I may be back. Thanks for the challenge.

Michele

willem

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
In another thread about favorite artists of this millennium, I referred to Eleni Mandell and this song. When Cori made the "Busking Love Songs" thread bubble to the top in the last couple of days, I thought this would be a good addition, too. I started learning this about 24 hours ago. Last night, I found lyrics somewhere in the Internet cloud and verified them. This morning, I got up early, worked out the music, and edited and printed my cheat sheets before starting on business calls. During lunch and other breaks, I have worked it into what's posted here. The point is, if I could do that in a day, it's got to be a simple song.

I apologize for being glued to the lyric sheet and the weak vocals, but I just haven't had enough time to commit the words to memory. Eleni usually has a couple of songs that I like right away on each album. A few more take a little bit of time for me to warm up to, and the rest . . . . I never quite get comfortable with them. This is one that I have warmed up to although someone will probably need to hold a flashlight to the lyric sheet if I do it at a campfire.

The reason that the words are so hard for me to retain is that they are so creative and quirky. They aren't very predictable and I don't expect them to spin in the directions that they travel. But that's what I like about them. Still, progress is being made . . . . . . this morning, I could just barely hum the melody. Each time I do it, it gets easier.

This was "Take 2". "Take 1" blew up on me, and, in "Take 3", I had a really bad brain lock at the beginning of the first chorus.

Hope you enjoy this one.

Hydroman52

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
I thóught that also,, ''that aint bad"'

daryl

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 am

Rick, No, that wasn't so bad. ;) Nice job, I especially liked the accented notes within each chord.

jayswett

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 am

I am a looong way from writing my own music, but I admire you for having that ability. Lovely song, Your fingers seemed to move very comfortably and effortlessly up and down the fretboard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic