Busking Love Songs

michelew

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm cheating here a little, but I figured that most people would have a love song in their song book.

I was inspired to learn this after hearing Kevin's gorgeous version. Mine is by no means perfect. I've loaded it warts and all, but we're busking here right?

I've used a very simple picking pattern following Neil's free lesson. It's a beautiful song and one day I will learn the version on the album (both parts).

I am of course singing to my Sue. But, I've been thinking about all of our TG family members and their loved ones who are going through a hard time at the moment. My heart goes out to you all.

Love

Michele

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dekotaj

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 am

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!

My friend,Great job on a great song,Loved it.I heard the other day on the news that,down under got 7 inches of snow.That will whiting up your holidays.All the best wishes to you and Sue on this holiday season.

Kevin

suziko

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 am

Shel,

I LOVED this. Beautifully played and beautifully sung. I'm sure Sue was in tears listening to you (from pleasure, not from pain!!!).

I tried playing this a month or so ago and just could not do that D/C (or maybe it's even D/C#)! I got fed up and ditched it. I don't know how you manage to reach up with your pinky and not kill the notes on the D chord. But yours sounds great!

Happy holidays, sweetie!!

Suzi

ffsooo3

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 am

Beautiful! Obviously heartfelt. Very very nice job.

reiver

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:17 am

Michele........that was great. Loved your playing, loved the singing - you really sounded like it meant a lot to you and it was a pleasure to listen to.

Loved it!

Stuart

MarkM

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 am

Wauw Shel, that was really really beautiful........!!!!

You've played it great and, like you sometimes say, with the right level of intensity...it is such a beautiful song.....and I agree with the others, you've played and sung it from the heart...that's the greatest thing in sharing music....WAUW, so very well done!!

A standing ovation coming right to you from snowy Holland! :woohoo:

(Actually, you're so very right, busking Lovesongs, gonna check my lovesongs-closet and see what's in there!) :P

lueders

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:12 am

Very, very nice Michele... your playing was tasteful & well-executed as usual!! & you certainly struck another type of chord with Sue and all of us! Thank you for that post. This was truly a pleasure to watch!

dennisg

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 am

Well, after watching this, three things are absolutely clear:

1. I could practice this song for six months and still not begin to approach your level of competence on the guitar. Your playing is beautiful, and I'd pay just to watch you.
2. I'd have bet good money you wouldn't have been able to hit a couple of those low notes, but by god, you reached down there and grabbed them by the 'nads.
3. With all those guitar necks I see bristling up in the background, you could open a music store.

Michele, it would be worth the 20 bucks a month I pay to be a TG member if the only benefit I got from the site was the ability to watch your videos.

MarkM

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Michele,

It's been a long while since I've seen a video of yours. It was well worth the wait with this one. Fantasitc job with this. Watching this you can sense the amount of emotion in this song. I really really enjoyed this. Now if I could just get my hands to work like your's I'd be all set. Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

MarkM

willem

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 pm

You really touched my heart..and i'm certain Sue's one too..it is so strange when we call it busking we dare to upload,,Michele i think you must upload it to the review channel too..

I hope to contrubute to this thread also but my love song is still in the reccomend a lesson...

I go and search the closet...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic