Busking Love Songs

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks Tony!! I can play it faster but those strums seem to throw off the timing a bit when played at higher speeds.(Darn sure can't play it as the end. lol) I'll keep working at it. And want to compliment you on the inspirational TG thread. That was a nice real nice thing.

Hey: When ya gonna post your improv thing ? Sounds jazzy huH? I'd like to see your take on it.

Thanks Again, Dude!!

willem

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 am

Hi Cori i know were your heart is,,by your dad of course but i mean your composing things,,thinkin abaut a love song i love the slow one,,when you speed up the vid it felt like an old dance such has they played in castels(dont know the name for it)and see lovely lady's make there circles,,,(but thats me i geuss)

Willem

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 am

willem wrote:
Hi Cori i know were your heart is,,by your dad of course but i mean your composing things,,thinkin abaut a love song i love the slow one,,when you speed up the vid it felt like an old dance such has they played in castels(dont know the name for it)and see lovely lady's make there circles,,,(but thats me i geuss)

Willem
Thanks Wilem!! Yeah, I'm sure it is self-indulgent to be dedicating songs like that and stuff, but what the heck. I'm glad you like the slow one. Because I sure can't play that fast! lol! (That's the kinda goofy stuff I do when I got too much time on my hands I guess.) Thanks again...And b.t.w. inspirational TGers...ya got my vote!!

Lavallee

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:54 am

Hi Cori, As I told you before I am so impress by your ability to create your own music. I actually like the regular version. I thought it was a nice melancholic melody. I noticed that you are reading at the same time . You write the score?

Marc

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Cori, As I told you before I am so impress by your ability to create your own music. I actually like the regular version. I thought it was a nice melancholic melody. I noticed that you are reading at the same time . You write the score?

Marc
Thanks, your kind words are much appreciated!! I am glad you like the regular melon collie, glacially slow tempo. I been working on this for about a month; but I hesitated to post because I wasn't sure if it worked or not to be honest. Thanks for the validation. But i am afraid you lost me on the reading/score thing?

Lavallee

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 am

I meant to ask if you wrote the music on the staff as you seem to be lifting your head to to look at something.

Marc

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 am

Lavallee wrote:
I meant to ask if you wrote the music on the staff as you seem to be lifting your head to to look at something.

Marc

Oh, yeah I presently can't do that I am afraid. I mostly k now the notes of first position and where they appear on the musical staff. But that is about it.
Thanks Again, Sir! What's up next for you? Gonna try the improv thing?

snipe

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 am

Cori,

Really impressive! Good stuff. You are quite ambidextrous. Would like to see where you go with it
Do you spend alot of time on scales? just wondering.
Mike

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks a lot, Mike!! I can't wait to see some more of your composing/improv stuff. That Celtic-sounding thing one you did was excellent! No, I don't usually practice scales. I have maybe one or two long scale patterns devoted to fretboard memory. I usually refer to a scale books when I think I might need 'em.

Thanks Again, Mike

suziko

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Cori,

That was a really nice original composition! I loved the slower tempo on the first version. Hearing it speeded up (even though maybe it's MEANT to be played that way) reminded me of hearing something like My Sharona done by the Chipmunks. I think if it hadn't been right after the first version, it wouldn't have seemed that way, though! I'm always impressed by those of you who can write their own pieces. I just don't know that I have that type of creativity in me. But I admire it in you all!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic