Busking Cat Stevens

BobR

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Stuart!

I'm sorry, I'm late to the party, it is just not that easy keeping up with everybody posting over here and I really want to sit down for it, wich I just did..

I enjoyed it very much, that was really nice...I liked your playing as well as your singing.

You've already had lots of comments and I can agree with a few, the camera-angle, yep 'closer', haha! I'm sorry, don't mean to bug you :P and nice haircut!...

I don't know Cat Stevens very well, so I don't know about you sounding like him, for me you sound like Stuart and playing this song a little slower was actually very relaxing, suits your voice well.

I also do think you could use a capo, to sing this a little higher, some notes are really low, but whatever you like yourself of course..

However, thanks for posting, great to see you again!

Ness..

buddy

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm

My friend John requested that I learn this tune. I had forgotten what a great song it is. Here is a rendition of MILES FROM NOWHERE.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sws626

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Can't Keep It In

It's probably pretty obvious that I hadn't thought much about how this song should be sung, but I'd been working on the guitar part for a little while and thought I might as well give it a go.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tombo1230

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Great vibe, so much energy! I really loved this one. Excellent! :)

Tom N.

BobR

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Stuart,

Another new one to me and again you did it really nice. You've been busy :)

Bob

daryl

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Stuart, That's one tough song to play and sing. It seems that there are quite a few tricky timing/rhythm things in that song. You pulled if off nicely. And you sound like Cat Stevens too!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic