Busking Cat Stevens

sws626

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks Chris, Beaker, Al, Gary, Anton, Tom, Andy, Kevin & Jay.

Beaker, the guitar is a Martin 000-28EC. The song is 'Trouble' from Mona Bona Jakon, though I first heard it here:

[video][/video]

Andy, I hear you on the timing. Until I tried to play this song, I'd never really appreciated what a brilliant guitarist he is. Hope you'll post one of the ones you're working on when your ready.

Jay, I'm flattered and would be honored to sing with you on 'The Wind.'

-Stuart

rapsidy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Phew got in early enough on this vid..

Stuart you fake it well them?? to me that was flawless and I dont know why your so anti your voice as it sounded great.. this is a busking thread and i have heard some not so good buskers before... but that sounds so close to the original if you didnt know it was you ... and someone played it you wouldnt be able to tell and that was with just a cheap audio set up.. not having ago at your set up you know what i mean i hope.. professionals get a lot of help to sound good ;)

it was really really good, i think we can be our own worst enemies sometimes which holds us back from sharing and enjoying and growing with many things music included.

well done and please post more we enjoy your SINGING and playing or vice versa ;)

Brad

p.s i love cats stevens and i too cant play them unlike you i cant fake it either :angry:

rapsidy

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 am

excuse the lead bit still got a lot of work on this just enjoy the busking scene :), i just started working on this great tune and saw the cat busking thread so quickly whacked it together. I'll work on it and put one in the review section latter but i hear a little super tramp calling....give a little bit :)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jimcjimc

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 am

Brad,
Nice singing & playing - keep them coming. Good to see the Cat Stevens songs here. Big fan - I even have a yusuf CD. And for years, Harold & Maude was one of my favorite movies and a lot of that was due to the music.
Jim

TGNeil

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Brad!

Youtube is giving me a headache...so I couldn't listen to it yet...but what is the name of the song?? (I have no idea..:blush:)

ffsooo3

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Very nice. Good job (just need to work on smoothing out the transition to and from the lick). Great song ("Father and Son"). Keep them coming!

willem

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Brad again one for your frontdoor,,although you sat there in a nice acoustic place,,the lick is coming,,
now go and make some childeren(hope i'm not offending),,one suggestion,,, An new plant?,,you were really great,,what happend there,,can we also get some of that air??

tovo

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh gosh Brad, you're hard to keep up with, anóther very nice video!

The whole picture, the playing, the singing, is just getting better and better all the time! You also like sitting in different places, do you? ;)

Thanks Brad, enjoyed it again! Am already curious with what you will come up with for 'Give a little bit'! :cheer:

Cheers

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice work Brad! The verses are already good and I like the change of voices which you definitely should do as you have to vocal chords for it. Smoothing out the transition from lick to strumming and the timing will be the key. Maybe play along with the record for a while just getting the flow of the timing will move you the next step on this.

sws626

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Brad,
A big thumbs up for sharing this with us! You're well on your way with this one. That octave jump is a real challenge, but you pull it off well. And the slight hesitation in the transitions to the riffs will vanish with practice.
I love these busking threads and the spirit of spontaneity they encourage.
-Stuart

p.s. Thanks for your kind words on my earlier post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic