Busking Cat Stevens

michelew

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Brad,

That was great. For something you just started learning, you sure don't have much to do before it's finished. Others have given you great advice here, so just keep working on it.

You have become a quick study.

SO now who's distracting others from practicing.

Great job.

Michele

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Nice one Brad! Enjoyed it a lot.

(I've got a lot of catching up to do!)

rapsidy

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks everyone for you comments, I like the busking threads as you can post a vid just for the enjoyment of it, rather than to get reviewed, takes the pressure off a bit :laugh:

willem- lol i just noticed the plant in the vid yes he looks a bit sad doesnt he! maybe some water might help :S OFFENDED only my parents can offend me :laugh: although i can't have children :dry: I can always keep trying ;) , but what did you mean by the air?? i was a little confused on that one :laugh: ?

Michele- I think songs you have listened to many times during life tend to come together quicker as you have a rough idea of how they should sound... I will promise not to distract you anymore as im out of songs :laugh: i am going to go give supertramp a try that will be interesting :dry:

Nesh- Yes i have different areas :) i like to change things around a bit, probably why i practice a variety of songs get bored other wise. STramp yeh im going to struggle with the singing part on that so not sure if it will see the light of day but will have a go...

Al- thanks I know you are up to it :)

stuart- thanks your starting of the cat thread made go do this as i had planned to do it at some stage.. it was just the motivation..

daryl- yes that was the tricky part oh and i made up the solo bit too as i didnt know what your meant to do there either??

chris- i will get my cat cd out and play its nice to sort of be able to do that now and play along.. who would of thought????

jmcjmc- thanks for your kind words

tovo

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey Brad. Good job mate on a great tune. One of the classics I think. Maybe just lighten the strum a little? I won't go on a big review rant, this is busking right! Nice work.

RicksPick

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Stew
Great video, singing and playing, big kudos

RicksPick

RicksPick

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 am

Brad wow

Nicely done, Love the song

RicksPick

willem

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 am

@ Brad,,,your progres AIR!!! comprentooo..

sws626

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Here's a go at a Target song: "Wild World." It's not a perfect take, but hey, that's busking for you.

I'm trying out some new mic arrangements here and learning to work with Sonar. Still having some issues with the A/V sync in AVS.

-Stuart

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ffsooo3

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Very nice. Like others have said your voice sounds a lot like Cat Steven's. The sound quality is very good - although I'd like the guitar a little louder (and perhaps a tad brighter). I'd also like the camera moved a little closer to you (you seem so very far away). And maybe place the camera at a different angle so that the guitar mike isn't blocking your strumming hand. But the performance was quite enjoyable!

tovo

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Good one Cat. Your tempo is a slower than the recording...not a criticism just an observation. You have those 2 riffs down nicely. Gee you sound a lot like the original Cat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic