Collaboration of Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:31 am

Lavallee & Neverfoundthetime working on Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
The last of the sessions recorded on our get-together. This was a little bit more difficult to work on than anticipated but we did make progress even if it still needs a lot of polishing up. We stopped after my fingers couldn't press down on the strings any more...

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dekotaj

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Bravo!!Guys,

Loved it,Great job.Must have been a lot of fun getting together.Enjoyed all the song you two put up.

Thanks
Kevin

haoli25

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Excellent job, Marc and Chris. You guys play great together. I love Gordon Lightfoot's music and I really enjoyed watching your video.

Bill Image

ffsooo3

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Very nice. A VERY long song for a 12-string! :woohoo:

wammer

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Magnificent

You compliment each other I LOVED IT.............Chris can I come over?????????? LOL :lol:

Yamaha48

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Chris and Marc.

That sounds nice my friends>Marc playing solo s.
I like it,and a good sound.
I can feel and see the fun you have together.

Greetz from Holland.

Anton

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Good job guys, that song is a marathon. It should be easy for Marc its almost a national anthem lol. I know its not that easy, a lot to remember for Marcs part and a killer on the 12.

A lot of 'license' taken with this song though, the regular cook was too ill to sail and the ship was actually headed for Detroit The new lyrics are not copyrighted as Gord didn't wish to change the original but now sings the new lines. Its also thought the bell rang 30 times, the 30th time for all lost souls at sea, this is disputed however,since 1975 it is rung 30 times. And the service was actually in the mariners church in Detroit not the Maritime cathedral.

But hey still a very sad song and one of GL's greatest.

I enjoyed that though guys well done.

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Saving the best for last, eh chris?

That was great! Loved how you and Marc played off each other. This is one of those songs that SCREAMS 12 string-- and you guys sure did it justice.

BTW- your vids are not only great- they're inspirational! I just uploaded a version of 'Man on the Moon' (in progress)
(Majorly in-progress) :)

Lavallee

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks Chris for posting it. The lesson was very helpful for me and I was trying to play some picked notes instead of the strumming. Chris knows the song by heart even though he discover a few things as we were practicing. We tried 3-4 times before this one mainly because of me missing the notes. Chris have a great feel for the song and he could picked up the small details to correct to improve the playing.

It was really fun

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic