Busking Simon and Garfunkel

ffsooo3

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 am

Here's my attempt at Homeward Bound. It sure could use some vocals. :-(

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Absolutely fantastic!!!!! I loved it!!

MarkM

schm040

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Daryl,

Cool. I like your steady alt bass and the little bass run sounds nice. I see you are using your fingers for the brush strokes when you start to strum in the chorus. That is always hard for me to get the right tone, I always feel like I need to push more pressure on the strings to let each one ring (and sustain) but can't seem to get it just right.

It is not easy what you are doing there.

Thanks
MattMassachusetts

dennisg

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Daryl,

I've been working on that song a bit myself, and after watching your version twice I can honestly say that's about as flawless a performance as we'll ever see. I doubt that Paul Simon ever played it any better.

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Daryl,

I'm sure there's a phantom or two kicking around here somewhere that would love to accompany your awesome playing!

Just wondering how you did it technically to get the stereo effect? Mono playing copied to ch 1 and 2?

michelew

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Daryl,

That was gorgeous! Your playing is very inspiring. I can feel my learning list getting longer as I type.

I sure hope the crooks aren't keeping the phantoms too busy and that we'll see one accompanying you soon. I was definitely singing in my head, only because it's too early to sing out loud here.

Simply beautiful.

Michele

ffsooo3

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Mark & Matt: Thank you for your kindness.

Dennis: I’m speechless. Thank you. I’d love to hear your rendition (and singing).

Michele: Again, too kind. I’m looking forward to YOUR next “creation”. I’m hoping more and more people will be jumping on the busking bandwagon this year. It’s great to see everyone’s progress!

Al: I too hope the phantoms show up! Regarding the stereo effect: For some reason I only get one audio channel when I record my video. I then import the video’s audio into Audacity and make it a mono track. I compressed the audio, equalized it, and put a tiny bit of reverb on it (I found this nice little free reverb VST for Audacity called “ANWIDASoft Dx Reverb Lite”) and exported the mono audio to an MP3 file. I then imported the mono audio file into AVS and offset the audio from the video’s audio (that was in the right channel only). The offset/delay between the center audio and the right channel audio created the pronounced stereo effect.

mbleier

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Daryl,

Well you've got yourself another gréat video! Very very well done!

I have to admit that you were just a líttle ahead of me, been thinking about opening a S&G-busking-thread (I mean, there really shóuld be one, right?!) and you've also done my favourite tune as well, haha! :P So nów what?! :dry:

Anyways, enjoyed your video very much as always!

cheers

Vanessa

willem

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Absolute great,,when the phantoms don't have time you can alway's hum the thing,,but i think your are very creative to add the melody on a other way,,maybe a midi(it is just a idea)

tovo

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey Daryl. After watching that I have decided that you can continue to give me tips! :-) Your credibility is very high with me my friend. Great job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic