Collaboration of "The Fence"

NKenny

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks for posting Al. I highly respect someone who takes the time to help educate our young people. Peter is one caring artist to do this and I'm sure the kids were thrilled. Al is Helen a teacher? My wife is a middle school teacher, at times not an easy job but very rewarding and she loves it.

Kenny

jayswett

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:49 pm

I"ve watched this video several times, and love it more each time. Very powerful.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:36 pm

dennisg wrote:
I think Helen has a remarkable voice, filled with (at times) anguish and pathos. And your playing, as always, is gorgeous. You get every gram of tone out of that guitar.

I was stunned by the Matthew Shepherd case when it happened, and the more we can remind people how ugly intolerance is, the better.

Congratulations on a great performance of a very worthy subject.

Maybe, after seeing my video and yours, other folks will join with their partners for some duets. That would be really nice.
Thanks for your comments, Dennis. Having uploads from other partners would be great-- and just in time for Valentine's Day!
;)

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:39 pm

NKenny wrote:
Thanks for posting Al. I highly respect someone who takes the time to help educate our young people. Peter is one caring artist to do this and I'm sure the kids were thrilled. Al is Helen a teacher? My wife is a middle school teacher, at times not an easy job but very rewarding and she loves it.

Kenny

Hey Kenny,
You're right about Peter- it was inspiring to see and hear him play. He leaves for a tour of Europe this thursday (I think). Speaking of that- anyone in Europe who's interested should check him out- he's obviously amazing live!

I taped another song of his that hasn't been released yet-- I'll ask his permission if I can post it yet or not.

Yes Helen is a teacher, and she loves it as well.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 pm

jayswett wrote:
I"ve watched this video several times, and love it more each time. Very powerful.

Again, thanks Jay.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry- I kind of dropped the ball on responses to this thread. It must have been when I was traveling.

Tom, Stuart, Hydroman, Suzi, Other Stuart, Bob, Jimbo, Michele, Rick, Tony, Pete, Scott- thank you for taking the time to view (or re-view).

rapsidy

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

As always dragging my feet trying to keep up around here, i think it is impossible.

well i had never heard of this you were right so i googled it , not exactly a feel good story no :( just tragic that a human can do that to another human. It blows me away that they felt murder was a less of a crime than being gay!!!" the heart is desperately wicked, who can know it ?"

her hum back to the performance ... very moving you both are wonderful :) thank you for sharing and i watched peter too yes he is good as well.

I have been deeply touched by this ... the power of music eh I just saw the whole event while listening to the words :( :(

thanks Al i guess :unsure:

:)

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes Brad. Tragic is as appropriate word as any.

Indeed sad that this song was ever written.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic