Collaboration of "The Fence"

BobR

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Al /Helen,

I just listened to this again with my wife, now that I know what it was all about. It was very emotional and so tragic.

I will say again Helen your vocals were amazing and Al you did a terrific job.
Bob

jimbo58

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:02 pm

emotional ! music with class and emotion, music at it's best. again very emotional. thank you.

michelew

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Al and Helen,

I don't know the story yet, but you made me cry just listening to your video.

I've got no idea what to write ... again... that will do justice to this performance. It's just impossible. With every video you both get more polished and more professional.

Helen - you have an amazing voice. I could listen to it all day.

Al - I love your playing. Just beautiful.

Stunning.

Michele

RicksPick

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 am

Stunning video

You both sound so good
It just gets better and better

RicksPick

tovo

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:13 pm

I will never use "best ever" to describe a video here because every video is a triumph of sorts and there have been some stunning performances over the time but certainly none more so than this.

If it were a single that you two had recorded I would buy it no question. It is brilliant.

The story is another terribly sobering reminder of intolerance and hatred in this world.

Thank you both so much.

pbraun

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:51 pm

That was beautiful in every sense of the word, know the story but not the song, thanks so much for posting you two are great!
Pete

sbutler

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51 am

I think we would all have to agree that music is here to stir some type of emotion, and you two just hit one out of the park.

Al and Mrs Al,

Thank you so much.

Scott

sbutler

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 am

I think we would all have to agree that music is here to stir some type of emotion, and you two just hit one out of the park.

Al and Mrs Al,

Thank you so much.

Scott

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 am

Hey y'all!

I went to my wife's school on Monday to attend S.A.S.S. (School Alliance of Singer Songwriters). Peter Katz was kind enough to come out and help the kids with their writing and performing.

He also did some live performances- one of while was 'THE FENCE'! What an AWESOME live performer! It was great to meet him as well- very genuine and caring person.

Enjoy!

dennisg

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:09 pm

I think Helen has a remarkable voice, filled with (at times) anguish and pathos. And your playing, as always, is gorgeous. You get every gram of tone out of that guitar.

I was stunned by the Matthew Shepherd case when it happened, and the more we can remind people how ugly intolerance is, the better.

Congratulations on a great performance of a very worthy subject.

Maybe, after seeing my video and yours, other folks will join with their partners for some duets. That would be really nice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic