Busking Moody Blues

buddy

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow Chris this just blew me away. You added so many layers into this song and it really came out fantastic. I am going to go listen again !

Bud

willem

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 am

Ah I see now which video inspired you to make your own(I geuss),,,Its alway's the best to listen with earphone computer speakers are'nt that well..

Great job Chris on an nice song..well it is under construction you said so you can add next time the tambourine or rice shaker..

Willem

ps gee the four tops,,,the trend is now shorts and naked feet..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks for dropping in for tea and songs Willem and Buddy ;-).
I was wondering if you may have a song or two you could construct with a few layers Buddy... with your voice that would be special.

MarkM

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:17 am

Chris,

Wow. That's fantastic work right there. You're putting together a very nice puzzle for sure. Nothing to add but my admiration. So tell us what is the recording gear you are using?

MarkM

michelew

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 pm

WOW!!! How good is that?! That's some professional sounding production you've got going there Chris.

Sounds FANTASTIC! So full and attention grabbing til the end.

Sorry to be late to the party. The black hole of my life has sucked up the time I generally spend on my virtual existence. My reality is warping ... What day IS it? Where AM I? WHO am I? ... These and other questions ... Well ... Really are ones that my tired brain should not attempt to answer right now.

What I CAN say with certainy is that this track is SPLENDIFFEROUS!!

Shel

willem

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Chris,

Well I was finally able to really sit down for this, since I don't know the song at all and since you were looking for some feedback.

Actually I think your guitarplaying fitted the song just right, I wouldn't change any of it. The only thing that you could do is something about the dynamics. The song starts out 'soft' and kinda bursts out when the chorus (?) and voices come in.

So did you start out with two guitars when the song begins, I couldn't really tell (maybe I should wear headphones as well :P ). If you do, then maybe leave one out and let it come in when the chorus starts, strong enough to make a difference. Or if you do start out with just one guitar, play it for example slightly softer. Personally I would wanna emphasize, in whatever way possible, the swelling of the music (is that english? :dry: ) and when all the voices come in, I'd wanna hear the difference between the parts, you know what I mean?

And indeed, leave one guitar out when the next verse starts out, add it when the chorus starts. Or play both guitar softer and then much stronger to emphasize that and so on, you gotta experiment with that.

Anyway, great work Chris, you got yourself a great recording under construction! ;) :P

Ness

tombo1230

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Chris,

Personally I would wanna emphasize, in whatever way possible, the swelling of the music (is that english? :dry: )

Ness
That is perfectly good English Ness. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 am

Many thanks for listening and commenting Mark, Michele and Vanessa.

Mark, I'm using my Laptop, Audacity and a Sennheise MD421II microphone to record... amazing how little "stuff" you need but when the stuff you have is of the best quality, that really helps!

Michele, a song post is not a post until you have replied in your unique style! ;-) Thanks for taking the time off from fighting the black hole... just watch out for that event horizon... its very unforgiving!

Vanessa! How kind of you to take the time to listen to all this... not knowing the song means you have to familiarise yourself before you can comment.... and then you have really looked and listened. So many useful comments. Yes the welling up after the slow beginning is important (your command of English always impresses, no worries there) and I did add an extra 12 string part beating away at the beginning of the chorus so I was thinking as you suggested. Otherwise I was using 1 12-string track and one 6-string (nylon) track all the way through. I'll look at how I can emphasize that with my modest talents.... I wish I had the command you have over different instruments! Thanks a LOT!

It was well worth me posting this song as I now have enough pointers to follow and enough confirmation on the bit I was unsure about to move forward... so a BIG THANKS to all!

haoli25

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:25 pm

WOW!!!!!!!! just WOW! Image

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks Bill my friend! Good to hear from. Some time less is much more ;-).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic