Busking Moody Blues

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 am

Dennis, Chris, this stirs up a lot for me ...

I think that my most memorable long distance night-time drives have been while listening to the Moody Blues in the dark.

Drive a couple daylight hours with the usual music on, then switch to the Moodies (especially "Days of Future Past") when night falls and you still have some hours to go ...
Reapply as often as needed ;)

A well sustained performance, Dennis (endurance!) and your enthusiasm really shows !

Chris, so nice to see this great response from you, I also understand that collaborations are not easily done, but ... is this a natural ?

Pierre

willem

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:29 am

Way to go Chris,,,

colab,colab,colab,colab,,,,

Thank you !!!

Willem

dekotaj

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:50 am

HEY HEY HEY,BRAVO Guys!!!!!

Got to love the Moody s tunes. Great stuff guys!!
I guess I missed the memo on the whisker thing, :laugh:. :laugh: :laugh:
Wishing you both the very best for the holidays.

Kev

suziko

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:26 pm

I really liked your version of this sweet song, Chris!! My fingers are crossed that you and Dennis will collaborate together on it when we're all at guitar camp in 2014! :) Ok, I know, I know, it's uncertain who's even going to be there. But, hey, a girl can dream.

By the way, I LOVE the goatee!!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Many thanks for tuning in and for the positive comments, Daryl, Dennis, Tony, Bob, Pierre, Willem, Kev, Suzi!

Yes, you need a beard to play this song Kev/Sue! B)

I'm betting Dennis is thinking the same as me on this... it strikes me as a solo song, unplugged and acoustic. It only needs one voice... maybe it could use two guitars but there's not really much to collab on... especially as we both would want to play and sing. So I think we're going to disappoint you on that folks. :dry:

I will work on it a bit more as I'd like to do better job on the singing and chord changes... and picking... er, so it needs some attention all round still ;-). Anyway, its great song to have at my finger tips and I love this modified open G tuning.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:02 pm

We still owe you the original complete with Melotron, harmonica and backing vocals... oh and 1969 style video...

suziko

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:06 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
We still owe you the original complete with Melotron, harmonica and backing vocals... oh and 1969 style video...

And complete with extremely groovy background dancing!!! I love that video!!!

michelew

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
My reply to Dennis' Never Comes The Day upload.

As I had my 12 string in open G tuning by my side after having put it there a half hour before Dennis posted his lovely video on the very same song... put my iphone on an adjacent chair, picked up my guitar and played as good as I could. Not polished yet and I make several slips changing chords and I have to concentrate on the slides so much I almost can't sing the words at the same time but its getting better all the time. This was loads of fun and I have to thank Dennis for an infusion of energy at a time when my batteries have been way flat!

Chris I really enjoyed that. You've captured the song nicely. Your voice is perfect for this song. All you need to fill out your video is a harmonica player, a few suits of armour and a couple of lads with sixties facial hair, tight pants and frilly shirts swaying in the background.

I love the goatee and long hair too. :)

Very nice.

Shel

suziko

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:57 pm

All you need to fill out your video is a harmonica player, a few suits of armour and a couple of lads with sixties facial hair, tight pants and frilly shirts swaying in the background.

Shel, you sure crack me up! Now THAT I want to see!!

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:43 am

michelew wrote:
All you need to fill out your video is a harmonica player, a few suits of armour and a couple of lads with sixties facial hair, tight pants and frilly shirts swaying in the background.
l
LOL Shel, weren't they something back in the day?

Nice job, Chris.

I tell you all something, I always ran from these groups in the '60's because of all the sex and drugs that were complicit with them (mom and dad had a tight leash on me, my brothers, on the other hand were all up into these groups, smokin' pot, acting stupid and chit, it just scared the heck out of me, so I became a diehard country boy. But you know what, I hear these songs today and think, damn, they were good songs.

Nice job again Chris.

Terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic