Busking CCR creedance

MarkM

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Daryl,

Great job. Another great CCR song. Nice bass additions as well. You're right that it adds so much to the song. I thought the "phantom" triplets did just fine.

MarkM

tovo

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Nice interpretation of a CCR tune Daryl, making it very much your own. The bass is absolutely essential in this one I think. I also think you have a really nice voice, not perhaps best for CCR tunes which I think demand to be belted out (Don't get me wrong this rendition was nice) but I can think of a few tunes your voice would absolutely blitz. Sing more please!

michelew

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Daryl,

I really enjoyed that. Look at you upping the ante on your stuff too, I didn't think that was possible. I especially like your...your new guy, your should definitely employ him on a regular basis. He's got a really nice voice.

What's next?

Michele

willem

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Hey Daryl,,coming out the closet (with singin),i was wondering if it was you,,well,,then you have find a nice way to make it your own,,I liked the whole thing,,but,,,when do you play some slow hand tunes on your Les Paul or are you save them for a competition,,,,

rapsidy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi daryl

Are you a dentist? :unsure: as you never show your face :)

This would be my favourite CCR tune next to as long as i can see the light.

That was really good and I really enjoyed the singing, i am not sure why you dont think that person cant sing ???? I would recommend you give the other phantoms a permanent rest and just work with this one, he seems fine and looks like his available at short notice, which will save a lot of time an effort ;)

This is another song i struggle with lol i know i struggle with them all, but the percussive bit where you mute the strings, dam coordination :angry:

any way great job really enjoyed it

Brad

suziko

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Daryl,

That was great. Your strumming/flatpicking is what I'm striving for (though am so, so far from!), and I really liked the muting you did with your left hand on some of the chords. I also really enjoyed the vocals, like others before me. I think you should stick with this "collaborator" for a while!

Suzi

ffsooo3

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Everyone: Thanks! The substitute/part-time/temporary phantom thanks you too. Although, like all good phantoms he must remain nameless. Right Chris? ;-)

Suzi: This is a good song to work on strumming/muting. Very simple chords (mostly C to G and back to C). And besides it's a fun song too!

Brad: I'm not a dentist, but the witness protection people frown when I show my face! ;-) If you'd like, I could email you an MP3 of my bass track if it would help you with your coordination.

Willem: The Les Paul doesn't get played much. I guess I'm waiting for the Blues Competition! :-)

Michele: I guess I've upped the ante. Are you in?

Tony: This phantom doesn't "belt out"

Lavallee

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Daryl, great playing again, ,smooth, just enough tone not hide all the other parts you added. Always enjoy what you do.

So it is a Les Paul? Good for you

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Daryl, this video is a thing of beauty, all the movements just seem to flow effortlessly, as does the music.

This song's lyrics are simultaneously dark and hopeful, and the vocals you used are also two-sided, mysterious and soothing at the same time.

Music to make you feel all is well and then also wonder why you are having such deep thoughts, and exactly what are they about ?

Pierre

willem

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 pm

rapsidy wrote:
[quote]Hi daryl

Are you a dentist? :unsure:

Brad, you made me laugh :laugh: but i got to say Daryl put his teeth (tooth) in every song he play's ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic