Busking CCR creedance

coomba

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:13 pm

G'day Brad
Well done mate ,your progress since you joined TG is quite remarkable.
Cheers
Scott

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Way to go Brad on chaneling Foggerty! This is a fun song to do and you can learn al ot about performing playing CCR songs.
Can you get the grill on for the barbie next time!

tovo

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Brad I reckon you should find a singing coach. Before everyone gasps at my insult, it's not one, it's a compliment. Mate, some people would be wasting their money going to a coach because they aren't miracle workers, but in my humble opinion all you need is some training from a professional and you would be knocking your audience dead with your voice.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm

I agree with you there Tony... Brads got the pipes for these songs an a little work would bring out a lot. I like the laid back attitude too, you have a very natural a sympatico presence Brad.

tovo

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:22 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
you have a very natural a sympatico presence Brad.
I didn't know he was Italian!!

rapsidy

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey guys thanks so much, I grew up on CCR thanks to the influence of my uncle as we only lived a few houses from each other and sunday nights was pool night and ccr tunes, loved it.

Suzi- thanks for the tip i really find it hard to hit that note with the pinky without muting the string below i will concentrate harder at just hitting those strings , this is why posting is good i had no idea i was doing that. so thanks

Michele- wow imagine a big TG BBQ how cool would that be, although i would have to bring my sanitarium vege sausages as im a vegetarian :) but i still enjoy and have bbqs with friends :P

Scott= thanks mate and nice to here from you have you just been lurking or away, you are due for a post.

Tony/Chris - Now you have made my face go red... but i have been thinking about it , not because i think i can sing, i just want to be able to do it , since starting to learn guitar and posting vids i just get so much enjoyment out of it and want to get better.. Thanks for your encouragement.. Its easy doing on camera where i dont have to see you guys but the confidence goes out the window in front of "real" people if ya know what i mean.. Once i start work there is a guitar shop that gives lessons on singing and playing so i am thinking of giving it a shot :blush: whats there to lose right?

Pierre= i agree 100% they are challenging, like i said i went and played along with neil at full speed that was interesting :S

Bob/ MarkM and the rest- thanks

sorry if i missed anyone it only shows a few of the post in the window below and i dont know how to go back and forth without losing the reply but thanks for all the encouragement it means a lot

rapsidy

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm

willem wrote:
[quote]Two more to play at your frontdoor,,,

willem you crack me up :laugh: thanks

michelew

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:51 pm

rapsidy wrote:
Michele- wow imagine a big TG BBQ how cool would that be, although i would have to bring my sanitarium vege sausages as I'm a vegetarian :) but i still enjoy and have bbqs with friends :P
A big TG BBQ/ play along would just be the coolest! Who knows?... one day... And there's nothing wrong with vege sausages - I've cooked lots of them for Sue, and a heap of veges to boot.

ffsooo3

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Here's a campfire song ("Have You Ever Seen the Rain") fancied-up a little bit. I added a bass track using Audacity and my 6-string. I think without the bass this song is pretty empty. I've got the original song (used as a guide track) mixed way down on one of the tracks and you can hear the organ in the background at times. The playing and singing start out kinda messy but get into the "groove" eventually.

Now about my phantoms: They all must be out saving the world or something. I know one of them just got off a marathon (30-track) session and is exhausted. All good phantoms need their rest. So....

I found me a new part-time/substitute/temporary phantom. He's not like the others. This guy has like a 3 note range, and has a 50/50 chance of hitting the note he's actually trying to sing. With that in mind I had him sing the melody on 3 different tracks. I figured between the 3 tracks, chances are reasonable that he'll actually hit each note (hopefully) once. Anyway, what could I say to him as he was willing to give it a go.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

That was very cool Daryl! Great to see you strumming (usually I see you pluckin'/strumming), it has no secret for you either, very cool bass-part as well!

But now I'm getting curious, the singing (wich I really liked), is that maybe you B) ?

However nice to see you doing a campfire-song as well, enjoyed it very much (well I always enjoy your vid's ;) )!

Cheers

Ness..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic