Collaboration of Don't Think Twice it's alright

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:20 am

Collaboration of jimcjimc sws626 Don't Think Twice it's alright: Stuart & Jim's in-person collaboration, outtakes included

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

michelew

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Jim and Stuart,

That looked like a lot of fun. Two Dylan fans having a ball.

If you do it again it would be great if you could sing louder or mic the singing. Your voices got a bit lost in the strumming.

I'm tempted to learn it too now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Good job.

Michele

sws626

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Michelle,

Always glad to provide inspiration. We had a lot of fun together. Jim had a massive collection of Dylan music, so the hardest part was just choosing a place to start. Like almost all Dylan songs, it's possible to fake your way through a reasonably convincing simple version, but there's always room for capturing more complicated nuances. We were really just playing around, but these are songs I'm sure both Jim and I will be working on more in the future. So look forward to some better sound quality once we've actually learned the songs. I'm in San Jose every month on business, so I'm sure we'll be back together before too long.

-Stuart

tovo

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 pm

I love, love love this tune. It's just great to see two (or more still waiting for that one!) TG members getting together to play. I agree with Michele, a mic would have helped as your voices did get drowned out a bit, but I still enjoyed seeing you both belting it out.

Don't think twice guys, it's alright.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Really looks like a lot of fun guys. Well done!
I was worried when I saw the music stand in front centre but you managed to position yourselves ok so we could sing.
Maybe take the camera up higher next time so the view is even better?

wammer

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Way to much fun playing with others...........
Thanks for sharing it with us

Tammy

willem

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:49 am

Alway's fun to play together and glad you found each other with the same music taste,,looking forward to the every month Dylan show,,,thanks for sharing..

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi guys, a lot going around here, just got to this series of videos. It's great that you shared these videos, I enjoyed watching them.
I hope you will find opportunities to build on this experience in the near future.

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic