Busking bob dylan

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 am

Stuart & Jim doing Dylan's I Want You

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 am

This looks like fun guys! I can't hear it too well where I am at the moment so I'll check in again at home with a pair of headphones later...

MarkM

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 pm

That looked like fun guys. I was playing along with there for awhile. I'm glad you had a chance to get together. I hope there is more to come.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Stuart / Jim

It always a good time when you play along with someone else.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

willem

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Now i remember that you two are BD fans, and with meeting each other you could eat your heart out and that was fun man...we need more Dylan songs..

juanlla

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks guys, I envy you, wish I could join the party!

Didn't know the song, so thanks for sharing, guess you will have more videos up your sleeve from this get together?

Cheers

Ness..

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Chris - the sound is a bit low, sorry about that - I shot it with a digital camera in movie mode with the built-in mike

willem - yeah, I am a huge dylan fan - I took up the guitar so I could try to play songs like I want you. And when I saw stuart's post about being in the bay area, I remembered that he started the dylan group on this site and recorded a dylan video - so it was easy to pick songs

Vanessa - I have one more video to upload - Lay, Lady, Lay - I had mentioned to stuart that I use Lay Lady Lay to practice bar chords (the main chords are A C#m G & Bm, going from 5th fret to the 2nd, alternating between E shape & Am shape), so Stuart played the whole song and I just joined in on the main verses, not much singing by either of us

It was fun to get together in person. 1st challenge is to agree on the songs and then it's hard sometimes to stay in sync and hear the other guitar.
I Want you was a lot of fun - the lyrics are pretty difficult. I also struggle with a G->F chord change - you can see me working hard on it, sticking my tongue out or making other weird facial expressions.

For Don't think twice, it's alright I had a print out with the chords and lyrics for the 1st verse, but just the chords for the last 3 verses, so it was a challenge to get the lyrics and the chords right. Thanks for Stuart's patience as I kept screwing up. Again, I need to know my song well before I start singing

jayswett

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:49 pm

I'd love to learn that song. Well done. I liked the Lay Lady Lay as well.

Lavallee

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks for posting guys, it was really fun. I have a compilation of Dylan, I will have to listen again

Marc

rapsidy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing guys

If you could some how work out the sound issues it would be great as I was unable to hear it really what i did hear sounded dylan esk so it would be nice to be able to hear the vocal side of things, the guitars came through no worries but drowned out the vocals unfortunately.

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic