Busking bob dylan

jimcjimc

Fri May 06, 2016 5:06 pm

I have been working on Bob Dylan's Boots of Spanish Leather - for a while now- on the singing and the picking - need to put it aside and go on to something else....

dekotaj

Wed May 11, 2016 9:27 am

Bravo Jim

Sounds good.Looks like you got that one going pretty good.
I don't no about putting it aside?? Just break it down to the parts that make up the whole song.Put it in your practice songs. And move on to a new one.
Got the finger picking sounding good. Thanks for sharing.
Kev

jimcjimc

Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Kevin,
Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it.
Jim

Here is another video -Knocking on Heaven's Door.

I remember going to see this movie - "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" at an afternoon matinee in a large Downtown theater on the first day of its release to see Bob Dylan acting in a movie.
The soundtrack has some pretty good songs, including Knocking on Heaven's Door.

I have been taking guitar lessons the past few months from a local teacher. After watching me struggle for weeks on Boots of Spanish Leather, he suggested this song as easier to sing.

The challenge for me was singing while doing the ballad strum, as my right hand wants to do the folk strum when I sing. Next, I am going to go for a walk while I chew gum.

willem

Mon May 16, 2016 3:57 pm

That is a great improvement Jim,I love that song..

Willem

PS. very smart ticking the second count on your guitarbody.

daryl

Mon May 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Jim, Your strumming arm (and hand) are so much more relaxed now. That's great! Your chord changes are coming along nicely. Now you just have to work on the timing of your singing to be in sync with your strumming. But everything is progressing nicely.

dekotaj

Wed May 18, 2016 7:29 am

Bravo Jim.

Dylan was a great song writer. I did not know that Bob played in Billy the kid.
I cover this song also. Great lyrics you can really sink your teeth into. Thanks for sharing.

Kev

PS That walking and chewing gum at the same time is over rated. I never could do it. :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic