Busking Bruce Springsteen

tovo

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

My good friend Suzi and I share a love of the Boss. I promised her some time ago that I was working on a Springsteen tune, well here it is, although it's not the one I was working on when I made that promise. Not to worry, this is a favorite of mine and I find it a very moving tune. Hope I have done it some justice. It was a chance to get the Boss on the busking bandwagon and also to try and get some palm muting technique happening.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ffsooo3

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Very nice! Ain't Bb a sucky chord? Good job!

jimcjimc

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Tony - Good job! I liked that. You did it more than justice.

willem

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Well done Tony mate,but you had to roll your sleeves..

How long would it take for ''fire''!!!!!

suziko

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Woooo Hooooooo!!! BROOOOOOOCE!!!

I loved it, Tony! Those are some scary looking barre chords and they all sounded great to me. Thought your voice sounded really nice too (as usual).

Have you got his new box set yet (The Promise: Darkness on the Edge of Town story)? I'd love to get it, but right now it's a bit more than I want to spend!

Suzi

michelew

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Tony,

I REALLY enjoyed that; so smooooooth.

Look at you; palm-muting, flexible wrist (yes that's a good thing), light touch, smooth barre chord transitions and your gorgeous mellow voice. Quite a package (of course I mean the fore-mentioned skills). Your voice really suits this song too.

I was hoping we'd see something from you soon. Nice answer to Suzi's request.

Keep them coming.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:46 pm

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Excellent job Tony! Very mellow, really well sung and your strumming is so much improved, nice and smooth. Not so easy to sing that well as the phrasing is tricky at times. I thought it really work.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

That was really really great Tony! Your playing was great and your voice suits this song very well, you've definitely did it justice!

Also nice to see some Bruce Springsteen-busking, he's not called the Boss for no particular reason, enjoyed it very much!

(What was the one you've been working?)

Lavallee

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Tony, this is very nice playing, good strumming and as Michele mentioned, your voice is very suitable for the Boss. I know the Bb is tough to do , but I would suggest to work on on a more standard approach using only 2 fingers without the braising of the 2 other ones. On this song the change to Bb and out is quick but some other songs are much quicker and it it will not be possible to do a quick change back and forth using 4 fingers.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic