Busking Chet Atkins

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Nothing wrong with putting a song away for a while..
Just make sure you come back to it!

You can be proud of where you've gotten Vincent so far--
My advice is to pick up one or two other songs with similar picking patterns and work on the skill, instead of one particular song.
I bet when you come back to this song again- you'll have both a renewed enthusiasm, and improved picking skills.

I've noticed that when I leave a song for a while- the parts I thought were really difficult, don't seem as bad anymore.

Just keep on keepin on.

Cheers!

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey Terry!

Still on Vincent???! ;) Yeah, i love the song as well!

I'd really like to suggest to take smaller chunks, it still seems that you need to think about where to go, which makes you pause when you shouldn't. And it's likely good advice to put the song away for a while.

You know, no one said this is an easy song to play. In a way it is, but in lots of ways it just isn't.....

So pittbull, let go, take on another song, 'Longer' for instance, and come back later to Vincent. :) :) :)

Ness

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hey Terry!

Still on Vincent???! ;) Yeah, i love the song as well!

I'd really like to suggest to take smaller chunks, it still seems that you need to think about where to go, which makes you pause when you shouldn't. And it's likely good advice to put the song away for a while.

You know, no one said this is an easy song to play. In a way it is, but in lots of ways it just isn't.....

So pittbull, let go, take on another song, 'Longer' for instance, and come back later to Vincent. :) :) :)

Ness
Ness, funny you should suggest that, I just recently got tabs for someone for Longer ;)

Ah, terms of endearment. ;)

Regards, ~Pit :D :D

Bart and Al, thanks for the comments. I'll see what happens; I'm pretty hard-headed sometimes :)

Daryl, I've never heard of the quarter trick, but I can put two of them under the 12th fret Low E-string, with the result being that the string rises slightly and rests on top of the quarter. But then, I do a lot of rhythm, so I'm not sure how low I should adjust the rod, if at all.

daryl

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 am

Your action sounds a little high to me. But it might be fine for your style of playing. Just because your action is higher than mine, it doesn't necessarily mean that you need to adjust your truss rod. Your neck "relief" may be set perfectly and it's just that your saddle (and/or nut) are too high. You still might want to visit a luthier to discuss possible adjustments (based on your style of playing and your barred Am issue).

willem

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 am

Terry,you would be suprised when you get your guitar back from the luthier,,,well,if you brought it to him...

Willem

tacticaltal

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 am

I think I do need to visit a Luthier, as I never did have it setup after I bought it. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

~terry

daryl

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 am

tacticaltal wrote:
I think I do need to visit a Luthier, as I never did have it setup after I bought it. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

~terry
If you do go to a Luthier, I'd be curious to hear what you think of the results.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic