Busking Rolling Stones

MarkM

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Here is a song from The Stones 1971 release of Sticky Fingers. I have been listening to alot of Stones lateley and couldn't get this song out of my head. One of the things that I wanted to do this year was to try and sing and play togther. I can't say this is a very good effort but its a start I suppose. The playing is fairly sloppy and well the singing is ..... well....... just me so not too good. At least we get a Stones busking thread going now. Thanks for watching.

MarkM

Busking The Rolling Stones "Dead Flowers"

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ffsooo3

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Almost? I thought that was great! Good rhythm in your strumming. Nice work with the hammer-ons on all the various chords. Good playing AND singing. It looked like you were really enjoying it. Good to start a Stones thread.

tacticaltal

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:42 pm

I'm sorry, but I really disagree with you Mark!

I think you've done more much that just an effort here on the playing and the singing, it was actually a very good effort!

And yes I also liked your guitarplaying, as Daryl mentioned, you dressed up all those chords with hammer-ons, personally I like to do as well, so really a good job Mark, great to hear you singing now as well!

And yes busking without a Stones-thread ain't complete, so thanks for starting it!

Ness..

willem

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:20 pm

I saw you had much fun Mark,,i send you fresh flowers, and they are expensive,,busk away man..

michelew

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Mark,

Almost?! Holy crap that was great. No almost about it. Loved the guitar work and the singing. Loved the enthusiasm. We're our own worst critics.

It's great to see something from yoiu again. It's been a while. and the Stones ARE great.

Now, that's how I want to play. Thanks for showing the way.

Michele

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

What a way to 'Start Me Up' on a Friday morning, brilliant mate, I'm convinced you have a metronome implant in your strumming hand B)

jimcjimc

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Mark, A lot better than almost! Good job!

MarkM

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks All.

Daryl - Thanks. Much appreciated!!!

Ness - Thank you!! I couldn't think of much else to do but add some hammerons to dress it up. Distract from my voice... :laugh: :laugh:

Willem - Thanks for the fresh flowers!!!!!

Michele - Thank you!!!! Got to have some Stones here.

Chas - You made me laugh out loud with that one. Funny think is I think my timing sucks most of the time. Glad you liked it. I just need someone with a Tele to bang out the lead now..........

MarkM

MarkM

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

jimcjimc wrote:
Mark, A lot better than almost! Good job!

Thanks Jim!!!

dennisg

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Considering I have that album, I'm surprised I don't recognize the song. But you did your usual beautiful job with it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic