Mark,

Sorry to respond so late.

That was wonderful.

Really beautiful

Thanks

Michele

Hydroman52

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 pm

A few months ago, I posted a version of Wild Horses in this thread of busking the Rolling Stones.

Since then, bassman Jerry and I have reworked it and, a few weeks ago, recorded a version with drums, bass, and harmonies. When we reviewed it, we thought it may be too slow. It's slower than the Stones do it so that I don't make as many mistakes. At last night's practice, we were going to speed it up and rerecord, but didn't have the time to do it.

I know that the audio isn't very good. The fan in the background was making a lot of noise, and really chopped things up . . . . . it was a bit warm that day. We only realized this after we played it back, and now we run the fans during practice and shut them down while recording.

So I am looking for a little feedback on the tempo. This is done in Open G tuning. We used quite a bit of guidance from an acoustic Stones video. I composed the drum track from scratch and have gained a whole bunch of respect for drummers and Charlie Watts in particular. Any other suggestions, criticisms, thrown tomatoes, etc. would be most welcome, too.

For the record (said this before), I'm not interested too much in playing solo, and do it out of necessity. I prefer and enjoy a small garage band environment much more.

Hydroman52

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hydroman52

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 pm

You can find the post to the previous version of this song here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... t=20#70474

daryl

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm

No suggestions. I thought the tempo worked well. GREAT job on the drumming. Good harmonies, vocals, and guitar playing.

daryl

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Guys, allow me to just shout it out plain and simple: I LOVED it!

Ness

willem

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 pm

fIRST of all,,when you play i don't hear the fan,,,second i agree with Daryl..

you two are cool..

when i heard you the first time i was totally freakin,,now i enjoyed it musically more,,great job

Willem

MarkM

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Well done guys!!! I really liked that tempo. No need to change it. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad we're adding to this busking thread. More More!!!!!

MarkM

wammer

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey Hydro

Theres a couple of really nice homes forsale in my area......any chance your thinkin of moving in the near future.....................I need a guitar buddy

You guys did a great job of that and you seem to be having sooooooo much fun............great fun to watch tooooooooooooo Keep them coming please

Tammy

skaladar

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 pm

That was great Hydroman. You and Jerry really did a good job with this. I agree that the fan was hardly discernable once you started to play and the tempo seems fine. I like the fact that you used a drum track … it worked well. But as one who’s formal musical training was as a drummer I can’t help but feel you’d be so much happier with a live drummer, especially since you mention that you’re not too interested in playing solo and prefer a small band environment. That may not be practical for a number of reasons but watching this video reminds me of the endless hours I spent jamming with friends and playing the stones so many decades ago. Ah, good memories! … You’re lucky to be able get together with Jerry to work things out together … I miss that.

Thanks for sharing

♫ Ken ♫

BobR

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Nice job guys. I've listened to the Stones Acoustic on this and I think the tempo was just about the same. Great job all around. Guitars, harmonies, and drum track.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic