Busking Rolling Stones

cosmicmechanic

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Al, thanks for mentioning in one of your responses that you've been working on it for a long time. I was feeling kinda frustrated thinking you grabbed onto this pretty quickly, seems most of my plate is full these days with perfecting tunes I've been practicing for 6 months or more !

Thanks for a look at your work in progress !

Pierre

willem

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Al, thanks for mentioning in one of your responses that you've been working on it for a long time. I was feeling kinda frustrated thinking you grabbed onto this pretty quickly, seems most of my plate is full these days with perfecting tunes I've been practicing for 6 months or more !

Thanks for a look at your work in progress !

Pierre

Suddenly i read a bit between the lines well guitar lines,,,,just a question!!! is that huge stretch ease'r on a mini Al??

jcrocket

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Al -

Very nicely done. That song may have been your nemesis before, but you've definitely slain that dragon.

Jeff

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Bob- Thanks for checking it out!

Marc- Yet another thing to rely on alcohol for. Thanks!

Craig- Go back to it again. You'll see that some parts actually come easier after being away for a while.

Mark- Thanks for your comment. I'd like to see your fingerpicking version when you're ready to upload it.

Mike- Thanks- I actually have the most trouble with the beginning. Glad you liked it.

Pierre- I know Tony and some like to say I seem to pick songs up quickly- but NOT THIS ONE! I can't think of another song that I've worked on more than this one. Played the crap out of it! Luckily it's such a great song that I never tire of it. I can't speak for the rest of the family though.

Willem- Yes. The stretch is MUCH easier on the GS Mini. I might do a quick demo on my Martin when I get it back from the shop to show you.

Jeff- Thanks. Also nice to see you active in the upload dept.

mark

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

My fingerpicking version of Angie.

Probably my favorite rolling stones song

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm

michelew wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
michelew wrote:
Al,

Also glad I made you feel good about your hair. Now I've got to find someone on here with more grey than me!!
;)
Pssss... Take heart. Chris and Chas have got us both well and truly bet on the grey front. And Tony is probably dead envious of your thick locks. Mind you, he has got that sexy bald look working for him... so maybe not.

But, Chris and Chas for sure.

Just don't tell them I pointed that out. B)

Michele
I'm proud of my grey hair, worked hard at being stressed over kids , work, mortgages etc etc So I know them individually very well, the hair that is, not the kids, who ever really knows their kids that well !!. I'd bet Tony has more grey than Chris and I that's why he does the 'cut and polish!'

Way to go Al very nicely played, almost missed this one. You just need to get more familiar with it so you can attack it with greater confidence and that won't be far off by the sound of it. Well done!

Good on ya mate.

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Mark simply beautifully played, great to hear the different versions of this between your fingerstyle and Al's pick and strum version both very nice.

Good on ya mate.

Chas

willem

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Yes Mark..Angie is really my most favorite tune too and was very happy when the chord/melody playing arrived and try everytime to do it better,,,i never thought abaut fingerpickin the song but you prove it can and sounded beautiful but we know all were(which style) your heart is...great job Mark and i love it..

tovo

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:01 pm

I reckon I have just spent 20 minutes on this thread. Saw Mark's Angie...awesome as usual. Thanks for uploading Mark.

Then I saw refererences to Al...so I scrolled back and found HIS Angie....great work mate sorry I missed it. And you DO pick up songs quickly.

Then I scrolled back a bit more and found Hyro's Wild Horses and bloopers extravaganza and just loved it. Hydro if you get sick of guitar you can do some stand up. Loved the bloopers.

Then I watched Mark...smooth as silk as usual.

I know I can rely on YouTube notifications to see these videos but they come REAL late after the video has been there a while. I'm on here all the time and I totally missed these, but fortunately I found it and it was like eating an entire block of chocolate in 1 sitting.

Very cool. I will need to scan harder for new busking videos.

ffsooo3

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Mark, Very nicely played. I liked the F# with the thumb. Very smooth.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic