Busking Rolling Stones

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Great Al! That is shaping up really nicely. It's a very pretty song to play and it sounds pretty fluid there.
Now can we have the full Monty next, vocals 'n' all?... would be just great.
Nice work!

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Al,

Superb job on this song. And as far as going gray, at least you have hair !!

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Hydrodood- Thanks for checking it out. Glad I hid the errors ok (there were a few :evil: )

Christopher- You're right, it is a pretty song to play. I never tire of it. H might beg to differ.. :whistle:

Buddy- Thanks- and good point on the hair front!

BobR

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Al,

Sounding really nice. Thanks for the look!!

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Al this is one of the nicest ballad and you are doing justice, You are getting very good with the alternate picking, it is very fluid. Don' t worry about your gray hair as I am sure you know what they say about gray hair and wine: drink a lot of wine, you will forget about the hair.

Marc

michelew

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
michelew wrote:
Al,

Also glad I made you feel good about your hair. Now I've got to find someone on here with more grey than me!!
;)
Pssss... Take heart. Chris and Chas have got us both well and truly bet on the grey front. And Tony is probably dead envious of your thick locks. Mind you, he has got that sexy bald look working for him... so maybe not.

But, Chris and Chas for sure.

Just don't tell them I pointed that out. B)

Michele

Craig

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 am

Al,
Sorry I'm a little late here, but sometimes I lose track of the busking threads. I thought that was a great job on an all time Rolling Stones acoustic classic. I'm glad to hear you say that you worked on it for awhile and put it away, then came back. That happens to me on some songs and this is one of them. Maybe I should go back and revisit it. Thanks for the inspiration and very well done.
Craig

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 am

Pssss... Take heart. Chris and Chas have got us both well and truly bet on the grey front. And Tony is probably dead envious of your thick locks. Mind you, he has got that sexy bald look working for him... so maybe not.
But, Chris and Chas for sure.
Just don't tell them I pointed that out.
Michele
I'd just like to point out that I am only grey from the front and maybe 50% grey from the sides... but from the back I am luxuriantly deep, dark, eat-your-heart-out-brown with not one grey hair in there! Trouble is, I haven't found a camera angle which shows off my natural colouring AND the fretboard at the same time. Will work on that. Maybe our cameraman-in-chief has some ideas, eh, Al?

However, chas is hopelessly grey as a Pope. ;-).

mark

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 am

Al
I thought that was really well played.
It's probably my favorite Rolling Stones song.

I'm working on a finger picking version myself.

snipe

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

Al,

Great job. I thought the transitions in the begining were pulled off really nice.

Very nice all around

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic