Busking Grateful Dead

BobR

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Daryl,

Another great one. Sounded really nice. You've been busy :laugh:

Bob

lueders

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Daryl, you created a great resource here for those of us working on this song!!! Tempting to play it fingersyle as you have done...nice mellow sound. I like the slide up the neck to the more dissonant sounding D chord at the third position...and the way you rock your ring finger up to that A in the base. (Nice guitar friendly move there.)

I been working on this one off and on and really appreciate this...a little mini lesson, if you will.

From a songwriting standpoint, I think this song is pert near perfection...

jcrocket

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 pm

We lost one of the great ones 16 years ago today. Rest in peace Jerry!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

millponddave

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

What a great tribute. Very nice. I felt like you were channeling Jerry.

Dave

daryl

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 am

Well done. One of my favorite Grateful Dead songs.

lueders

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Now,there is one of the best Dead tunes of all time & you never hear it all that much on Classic radio. I don't know if that is the reason, but a lot of people don't even know about it. Sure doesn't get all the fuss over it that: Truckin', Casey Jones, or Uncle Johns Band seem(s)(ed) to get. Which is kinda strange, because what a darn fine song this is! (I would have to agree with Daryl & say it is one of my favorites as well.)

I think the Rolling Stones: Moonlight Mile, fits into this same under-appreciated category, nearly forgotten songs category...but I digress.

Okay...Geez, sorry about the tangent...This was absolutely excellent!! Another first rate performance. I believe you can pretty much play & sing anything you want to. You have proven it...time and time again. Excellent, Excellent!!
Your posts are always a breath of fresh air... & INMHO. You have such great taste in music.. to accompany your versatile skills!

P.S. (Nice Avatar!) Congratulations, Father of the Bride!

jcrocket

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:59 am

Daryl and Dave, thanks for the comments - glad you enjoyed it.

Cori - thanks, and good call on Moonlight Mile, definitely agree. There's a lot of under-appreciated songs out there!

Jeff

MarkM

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Jeff,

Simply a remarkable performance by you. I was mesmorized. Excellent work. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

MarkM

Craig

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Jeff,
A really good job all the way around. I enjoyed that a lot. Your playing and singing are both very solid. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

mbleier

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Thank you for letting me listen to river sing sweet songs to rock my soul. I was really thinking before I read the thread that this one always slips under the radar and is just such a great representation of what the dead could do. It is one of those songs along with ripple that just always makes me feel better every time I listen to it. The versions of both songs put here are inspiring. I wish I played as smooth and sung as well as both of you. Thanks for sharing so much.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic