BUSKING BRANTLEY GILBERT

buddy

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 pm

This is one of my all time favorite songs to play and sing. It has always struck a chord in me. Hope you enjoy and check out some of Brantley's other tunes.

Bud

ffsooo3

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Very nice Buddy. You voice suits this song wonderfully.
Question/favor: Could you drop the camera angle just a tad so we can see your picking hand in the video?

BobR

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Buddy,

I liked that a lot. Your playing and singing is coming out really good. The sound is excellent, you've got a real nice setup.

Great job
Thanks for posting.

Did I hear you do that awhile back?

Bob

lueders

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:42 pm

I think you've converted me. What a great writer this guy is. You did a bang up job on this.
Might be my favorite of your posts. Personally, I often find it difficult to keep a slower song like this in time.
(Maybe it is just me... but ya know it kinda like playing banjo:real tough to play one of those slow and in time.)

Thanks for bringing this fella to my attention.)

buddy

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Daryl,

Glad you enjoyed that, I will try to get both hands in the next video.

Bob, I had put up an earlier version of this song. The Tascam DP-008 has added a lot to the recording quality of these songs for me.

Lueders, Happy to introduce you to this guy and his music.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Buddy that was magnificent! Great song so beautifully sung. Your voice is wonderful on this song.

Please tell us about your recording set up and process as that was the best sound quality I have heard on TG so far.
Chris

willem

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Buddy,you certainly came here,,it was prodigious,, and you really can touch,,,i must search what the song really means,,oh i know a litlle,,but can you tell why it is yours,,your favorite??,,your singin was really goin in to it and the playing controlled ,,composed,,really nice. this time you got to whole picture very artistick..

buddy

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Chris,

I am using a Tascam DP-008 recording system for this video. I have two MXL condenser mics, one for the guitar and one for the vocals. This Tascam system really pics up the natural sound of the guitar really well.

Bud

buddy

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Willem,

This is one of my favorite songs because it speaks to the miracle of second chances in life. I have found that in this world people find it hard to forgive others and this song speaks deeply to the truth of how powerful it is when we do forgive each other. I also love this song because it is a story of someone who lost himself and found his way back home.

Bud

michelew

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Buddy,

That was beautiful. I understand why you're so into the song. Really touching.

You're on fire at the moment.

BTW - I don't know if it's a weekend thing, but the light beard is a good look on you.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic