Busking Eagles

willem

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 am

Hello Scott,,are you glad you picked your guitar out the closet?? well i am you did....

dekotaj

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am

Yes Sir-Sounds good.Yep looks like a cutaway would come in handy.Bravo!!

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 am

Nice playing Scott.... that's quite a spread you get on your left hand there!

daryl

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 am

Hey Scott, See if this might help you out a bit....http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/ ... y_gone.htm

tovo

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Nice playing Scott I really enjoyed it.

jimcjimc

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Very cool Scott!

I love those old Eagles-tunes, so I sang right along with you, niice work!

Ness

cosmicmechanic

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Good show, Scott. It's particularly interesting to see an acoustic version of a tune that was originally played on electric guitar.
Lots to learn there, which means watching it many times.

Pierre

dsmarion

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks for all the comments and for taking the time to watch just for fun. You all know by now I just like posting up something different just for fun. These are not ever songs I am currently working on, they're just bits-n-pieces of stuff I have played around with for years. I have several others I have toyed around with maybe putting up recently, ones you wouldn't expect. Love the busking channel for an escape from normal practice (I am practicing stuff too though, Never Goin Back is kicking my behind all over the place for one (thanks Al!). So is Fire and Rain (but not nearly as bad - just hard to sing along with).

Daryl - that is kinda what I needed - lol. A little hard to do laying down a single part and then doing a second track over top etc, especially with the off-beat beginning and then deciding which part do do first from that. Lots going on with three guitars going on the original (and post production overdubs etc). I played around with thoughts of putting rhythm, lead fills and vocals but that takes so much time and work and I just wanted to have some fun lol. I really like the recordings you do like that.

Marc - Surprised you never heard this, look up the original on you-tube you will like it.

Kevin - with cutaway I can reach the high part a bit better, hard to do otherwise.

Chris - not bad for old small deformed hands huh lol. Really get hand cramps these days though that is for sure. Getting old sucks lol.

Pierre - yes I know a lot of older tunes that were originally electric stuff (unplugged hey) since that is all I used to listen to and play around with, much harder on the acoustic to pull off but still have fun trying.

Ness - yeah me too :-) thanks for looking in

Tony - thanks mate

Scott

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm

deleted

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Tequila Sunrise (COVER)

OK, 2nd upload, I hope to be able to delete the first one.

Here's one for Vanessa (per request).

help me with comments regarding the strumming, tempi, etc. Hope you all enjoy it.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic