Busking Eagles

ffsooo3

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Matt – Thank you. Looking forward to your new videos. BTW I’ve only been tinkering with video recording for about 6 or 8 months, and audio recording for about a year now so I’m sure you will surpass my “standards” in no time!

Marc – Thank you. I had to pull the Les Paul out as I couldn’t reach the higher frets on my Ovation. But it was awfully nice to play it! Not sure if the 2-finger hammer on is how they actually play the song. I’ve seen players do no hammer-ons, 1-finger, 2-finger, and even 3-finger hammer-ons. Anyone know the correct way to play the C chord (and the F chord)?

Chas – Thank you. I too am looking forward to John’s magic!

Bob – Thank you. Yeah, I think I like the video fade/cut-ins better than PIPs. The PIPs are too small to see what’s going on.

Willem – Thank you.

John – Thank you. Fades are the way to go (at least in this song with the different instruments). I’d be happy to explain what I did (if you need help). Looking forward to your magic!

Stuart – Thank you. For the bass I used my 6-string Ovation and some bass tabs I found online. I then used Audacity and lowered the pitch of the track by 12 half steps. Ta da!

Jason – Thank you. The only tab I have is for the bass. Not sure how accurate the little lead bits are – that was just by ear. Same goes with all the chords in the song. Not sure if I was supposed to play an Fmaj7 or just an F, an Em7 or just an Em. Anyone know the proper chords? Are there any YouTube videos of the Eagles playing this where you can see the chords?

Dennis – Thank you. I’m not really sure how many videos I’ve uploaded. I think perhaps TOO many!

willem

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Daryl,

Again gréat job, I'm gonna miss your videos!

Also great to have an Eagles-thread as well, one of my favorite bands ever!

Ness..

(Actually I do have the sheets for this, or for any other Eagles-tune, so if you'd like to have it, let me know!)

sws626

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Daryl,

The bass sounds excellent. I thought you'd probably used either the Ovation or LP for that since you didn't show it in the video, but it sounds a whole lot better than I would have expected -- very convincing.

-Stuart

lueders

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Is it me or that first time you busted out the plectrum/flat pick in your videos? As usual, quite nice. Daryl.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks

michelew

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:44 am

Daryl,

Smooooooooooooth as. That was really lovely and it was great seeing the Les Paul solos. I've been wondering when we'd see you play it.

Beautiful song. Well played. What a great spring board for John to add his magic to.

Thanks.

Michele

jayswett

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:25 am

Looking forward to the final video. Why will you be depriving us of future videos?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 am

Great job again Daryl! The bass line added a lot to it and I like your new video blends. Looking forward to John finishing it!

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:13 am

Hey Daryl,

I haven't been on here much due to travelling- but had a minute to check this out..

That was so smooth- and clean! You're getting such a rich sound and great quality recording.

I know what you mean about cutting back on posting vids- I've been there as well-

JUST MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK!
:)

ffsooo3

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Vanessa – Thank you. I’ll be back. How close was I with the lead licks (it was all by ear)?

Stuart – Yeah, I’m surprised how good the “bass” sounds too. Software is pretty amazing!

Cori – Nope, not the 1st time with a pick. I used one in “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”, “This Boy”, and “All My Loving”. Keep up! :laugh:
Dermot – Thank you.

Michele – Thank you. I had to use the Les Paul for those notes past the 12th fret. It was nice to finally play it again! Yeah, I can’t wait to see what John does with this!

Jay – Me too. And haven’t you had enough of me already?

Chris – Thank you. Yeah, the bass always fills the song out (for me).

Al – Thank you. I think I’m starting to get the hang of video and audio editing. And yes, too much exposure isn’t good for anybody! But I’ll be back (sooner than I expect). In fact I just stumbled upon a song I want to learn and record…..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic