Busking Eagles

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Nicely done, Terry. Of course, it's a work in progress.
I'm not meaning to give you any tech advice here, just to say that your voice really fits well for country and folk-rock tunes (quite enjoyable), so I really don't understand why the neighbors called the police in on you at the end :silly:

Pierre

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 pm

roflmao, Pierre! I couldn't understand that either.

Hey, if you've got any advice, throw it my way; that's why I upload these. I can take criticism.

Terry

Craig

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 am

Aaaaaah Terry, thank you, thank you!!! :) :) (face, song! ;) )

Love this one, Tequila Sunrise, and I think you did a very good job. The tempo is just fine, the strumming too and you transposed it well to match your voice!

As for the intro, there is this little double strum thing going on in there (and the hammeron), you could improve that just a little. Neil has reviewed this song once (video by Rapsidy) and showed how to do it. Unfortunately the link don't work no more (no stream :S ), however, back then I did post a little video for Brad (before the review came out) to show how to play it, so I'll post that link instead. But it's in G of course!

Hope it helps! :)

tacticaltal wrote:
Tequila Sunrise (COVER)

Here's one for Vanessa (per request).

help me with comments regarding the strumming, tempi, etc. Hope you all enjoy it.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 am

Nice job Terry, nice and easy going and perfect for your voice as Pierre mentioned... nice to have a growing number of player/singers on the site.

Chris

willem

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 am

Luve IT Terry,,,maybe I use your chords..voice and guitar chords.. B)

Willem

daryl

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 am

Nice Terry. Love your voice. Tempo is good and solid. I assume you just had a brain freeze at the "just get numb" lyric and skipped over the Bm before going to the E7. Keep the uploads coming!

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Hey Vanessa, I know what you mean on the intro, double strumming thing. See, I've never learned the proper way to strum with the down down up, or down, up , down thing. And I never studied counting beats. I've always gone by feel, and sometimes it goes down down down down down, etc etc. :D

I never had a guitar teacher. My mom just bought me a guitar once, when I was about 14, and my brother wrote the chords down on a piece of paper, and left me to my own. So I was forced to learn to play by ear, and feel.

Anyhow, I'm going to work on this cause this is one of my favorite Eagles songs.

I wish I could sing it in G, because the melodies are easier for me there. Last night I toyied w/ C, and though I can sing it there, it's not as easy as D.

I could write a book here, so I'm just gonna say thanks, and please keep the comments coming. I love your video responses; they make things clear, cause I'm a "show me how it's done" kind of guy :D.

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Thank you, Chris.

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:10 pm

I wonder how we can get Don Henley's voice in there :) Thanks Willem

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey Daryl, I knew I missed the Bm when I was playing it. Actually, I was looking at the chords on paper, cause it's been so long since I played it, I didn't remember them all, and I missed it. Watching myself play, reading the sheet music, too many tasks for a single tasking guy.

Thanks for the comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic