Busking HOOTIE AND BLOWFISH

buddy

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Al,

University daze, I like that line, that seems like a lifetime ago for me. With the second guitar I wanted to make more subtle and not bring it forward to much because it tends to overpower the song when I bring it forward. I had a little trouble with the bridge as I had sliced a gash in first finger of my left had and when I played the bar chord the string dug into it OUCH !

Thanks for the feedback,

Bud

buddy

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Rick, glad I could introduce you to this song.

Brad, The headphones are used like a feedback speaker and I can hear the guitar and vocals combined from the two mics. This helps me balance out the sound of them as I record. Thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

Marc, Thanks, I really enjoyed your rendition of Wish you were here as well.

Chris, thanks this little Tascam is just wonderful to record with.

Abilio, Thank you for your kind words.

buddy

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Matt,

Thanks for the hot tip on John Gorka. I will check his music out, it is a style that I find very appealing.

Bud

michelew

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 am

Buddy,

That sounded GREAT all round. That voice of yours sure is a gift.

thanks

M.

buddy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks Michele. How are you holding out in the floods ?

michelew

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 am

Buddy,

While the floods have devastated lots of people's lives here in Australia and the whole country is in morning and deep sympathy, my state isn't very affected and Sydney is not effected at all. There are severe floods above us and below us and many people have lost their lives and everything they own. The country will take a long time to recover. It will affect the whole country financially at some point too as they will need to raise money from all Australian tax payers to pay for the rebuilding.

Unfortunately, that's not the end of the natural disasters. Queensland, where the worst flooding occured is being hit by cyclones too. That isn't so unusual for this time of year, but there is a huge one on the way. So the whole state could be in for more rain as a minimium and potentially more devastation. We're even getting cyclones low on the west coast of Australia which is extremely rare.

So Australia is doing it tough at the moment. But, I'm blessed and not directly effected by any of it. Yet.

I'm sure that other Aussie TG'er are not so lucky and while I don't know enough about them to know who they are and how they are being impacted, my heart goes out to them and their families.

Thanks for asking.

Michele

tombo1230

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 am

Great job Buddy, your singing was amazing as was your playing.
Well done!

Tom N.

MarkM

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:11 pm

Outstanding job Buddy!!!! Flashback city with this song. I haven't heard this in a long time.

MarkM

NKenny

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Well Buddy, another really beautiful video, you're doing just great with everything you play and sing! I also love your setup, it sounds amazing!

Ness

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Tom, Mark and Ness,

Thanks for checking this out and the kind words as well.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic