Busking INCUBUS

buddy

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm

This song is really a stretch for me and I have almost given up on it about 100 times, but it keeps calling me back. I was about to give up on it until Neil posted a review of it for me and I found new inspiration and guidance from him. Instead of posting my mug for this one I put up some scenery of the Western United States from a few trips in the wild we took as a family.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Buddy, I like the slide show on your video, good idea. I know what you mean on a song like this, I'm thinking about the singing here as you've had the tips on playing from Neil already. It obviously has great meaning for you and is a challenge that will not lie down. It's hard with this type of song at the edge of your range: do you transpose it down a half or full step to be able to handle it more comfortably or does that sacrifice the dynamic of the song? Sometimes the song needs to be sung in the original key or not at all. So finding a way of extending your range is probably the key. I find the more I sing the more range I have. I have also tried tuning down the guitar a half step and playing the song for a while before tuning back up and going for the original key and that can work. All I can say is that I hope you push on with this and post it when you have it sussed... which I am sure you will in time.

buddy

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Chris,

I can really relate to what you said above. It just seems like changing keys on this song would ruin the fell of it for me. As you said, every time I try it seems that the range for this gets just a little bit closer so "never give up and never surrender". :-)

You encouragement on this song is very helpful as I have felt like ditching it a number of times, but it is a song that I really have a love for.

Bud

michelew

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 am

Well all I can say is if that is you not being about to reach and having difficulty with this song, then I look forward to the day when I can also 'not reach' just like you.

I enjoyed it. That was by far the best version of this song you've posted (that I can remember).

I thought it was great and that your high vocals were strong. But, I know nothing.

M.

daryl

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:10 am

Well Buddy, I think you did just great in here, both your playing and singing, enjoyed it very much, a very relaxing start of my morning!

(Btw your video is just áwesome!!! Wauw it is só beautiful over there!!) :)

willem

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:14 am

Buddy,,there you drive again,,the first time i heard you doing this i was very impressed and now this time,,well i gave the lesson and your review a shot and man what difficult transitions but a great song,i much respect you you doing this and especialy the playing and singin together and when i was in you neighborhood i certainly invite you to my camp,,,one question,,how do you look to big city's??

buddy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 am

Michele,

Thanks so much for the comments. Maybe I am being to hard on myself but this song, by far, has given me the most difficulty of any I have tried to learn.

Bud

buddy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 am

Vanessa,

Glad you enjoyed this. As you said, their are some areas of the Western United States that are just breathtaking.

buddy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:25 am

Willem,

Thanks for the encouragement on this. I did not understand your question "how do you look to big city's??" ? Did you mean how far away am I from the city, or which city do I live by ?

tombo1230

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:04 am

I think he means, if you live like you do, thinking of big citys, what's that like for you?

As a city girl to me, where you live, is like paradise! So how is it for you the other way around?

buddy wrote:
Willem,

Thanks for the encouragement on this. I did not understand your question "how do you look to big city's??" ? Did you mean how far away am I from the city, or which city do I live by ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic