Busking Brandi Carlile

michelew

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks guys for your sweet words.

Buddy - Thanks. It's nice to hear that I made your day. I'm be happy when my performances are as moving as yours. I don't know how you pour that much emotion in to YOUR singing without cracking up.

Mark - Thanks. My thumb pretty much lived in the bottom third of the back of the neck on this one, it helped to reach the tricky C#/D. So that probably added to the length of my fingers. Yes - that penultimate note - aarrgghhh! I've heard you sing and play at the same time, so I know you can do it too.

Rick - Thanks. Hey - we haven't seen anything form you recently, (unless I missed it). Maybe you need to get yourself a new hat.

Bob - Thanks. I'm glad you liked it and the "nuance" (very diplomatic - 'shocking clanger' doesn't sound anywhere near as sweet).

Dennis - THANKS - so 'spoilt' now I'm wondering if I'm overexposed (but I don't think you're saying that). If I can play this finger picking pattern(s) you definitely can too. I was just thankful that it didn't have any pesky F7-type barre chords in it. Thanks also for the congrats. I'm trying to stop giving myself a hard time and just sing.

ta

Michele

jimbo58

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:20 pm

terrific! beautifully played and sung, enjoyed your performance, this is the first song I've seen of yours, I am going to look for more, well done!

michelew

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
[quote]So whát name are we dutchies getting???? :ohmy:

I think you might need to speak to Chris about that. But, you might just want to influence this very important venture, or Clogs Sextet it is. ...hmmm... actually it's growing on me.

JHall

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 am

Wow Michele. Really beautiful... well played and sung. I wish I could finger pick like you. Sorry for being so late to the party... trying to catch up here.

John

willem

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 am

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
So whát name are we dutchies getting???? :ohmy:

I think you might need to speak to Chris about that. But, you might just want to influence this very important venture, or Clogs Sextet it is. ...hmmm... actually it's growing on me.

ahahah,I missed this piece i think.....well it's all abaut music is'nt it,,not there is any music in sex,,or clogs..we dutchies get alway's names,, if we get paid for it we were all rich...we called us self the ''dutch buskers''

BigBear

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Michele- that was really lovely! I'm not familiar with either that song or Brandi Carlile but I really, really enjoyed your performance. Great fingerpicking, nice and steady and the vocals were really nice too.

Thanks for sharing another terrific video. Your progress is simply amazing!

Cheers! :cheer:

michelew

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks guys.

Jim - Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

John - Thanks! It's never too late to hear nice things. I'm sure that if you put your mind to it you'd be an awesome finger picker. It's just practice like everything else that's worth doing.

Willem - I still think you need to get back to Chris on that one. SO does 'Clogs Sextet' work for you? Or do you and the other Dutchies think you've got enough sex appeal?

Bear - Thanks for your generosity. I always love getting a response from you.

You are all sweet guys.

thanks

Michele

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic