Busking Brandi Carlile

Lavallee

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Michele, this is a lovely video, I like the good flow of the picking and particularly the bass run down coming out clearly. You really seem to be living your singing as we see that you feel the song with emotions in the PIP.

Great work

Marc

wammer

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 am

Michele WoW, I absolulty LOVED that..........Can't say that its a song I know but you sure got me interested. As everyone has said, you have come sooooooooooo far from the first video I ever watched of yours. Im so jealous of you hand placement. And you made me smile tooooooooo at the end with your what looked to be a sigh of relief. ;)

Great job ;)

snipe

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 am

Michele, that was most excellent. Loved it. Another band im not familiar with for me to look into! Thanks
Mike

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 am

That was great, Michele.

Really liked the picking pattern, and your singing confidence is growing too.

Won't be long before you're playing and singing this song at the same time!

(i too liked the last note-- same thing happened to me in "Patience"!!)

sbutler

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 pm

First note, last note, makes no difference to me. Girl your a picker!!!

AND you have got the guts that I'm trying to work up, just to post a song.

Very well done Michele, I'd never heard of Brandi before, but you did her proudly.

Must have been that chocolate moose stuff I recon.

Scott

lueders

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Michelle, I truly love your videos. What you and some others here do with that clear as crystal type of fingerpicking
is like magic to me. Also, I always love to see and hear new artists. (especially if it is like some cool indie artist that
not to many people have heard about...I don't know what kind of following she has but I really like it) She is a heck
of a writer. So thanks for that.

I have to confess when I saw the name, I thought you were going to sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" or something.
Nothing against Belinda Carlise...but this is much better.

I thought your playing was top notch as usual. And I like your singing too. Thanks for this post. I'll spend some time
checking out more of her stuff.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Michele, this is a beautiful example of taking a huge step forward.
A very harmonious combination ... it really shows that you've gained confidence singing.
I was actually disappointed when the little insert of the singer vanished near the end, after promising to "make no sound at all" :(

The performance conveys emotion, even a little spooky (good spooky, I mean). I enjoyed it very much !

Pierre

Craig

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Michelle,
I'm not familiar with Brandi Carlile, thank you for the introduction. I watched your post and thought it was very good. Then I watched Brandi's version and realized that yours was better than very good, it was excellent. Well done,
Craig

jimcjimc

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Michele,
I also have never heard of Brandi Carlile or this song. I enjoyed your version. Thanks for posting.
Jim

tovo

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey Shel,

I thought it was beautifully played. I think you continue to push yourself and this tune represents another step up in terms of intricacy. The clunker note at the end was even charming in terms of your reaction. Also, I appreciate the introduction to another very interesting artist. Bravo, great job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic