Busking Nino Rota

schm040

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Hey folks,

Thought I would try to post more regularly. I think it is helping me, though I did flub a few parts as usual.

Yes, I did modify the track using Garage Band, but I have learned that no matter how much you edit the track, the original sound has to be of good quality. And of course, that is the whole point, right?

I am working on my expression and accuracy, and this is a great tune for that.
MattMassachusetts

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Nice job Matt! I liked the sound you were getting there and your expression was good. Great to see you posting!

Lavallee

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Great work Matt, the song looks quite challenging. Did you take it from Hector's lesson? I like the reverb sound which gives a bit of of the violins trace from the original. I think you would have a clearer image if you would face the light and the light would come from behind the camera.

Really like your work

Marc

schm040

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Marc,

Yeah, I now what you mean about the light. I actually am shooting in HD with the Kodac Zi8, I just like modifying the video intentionally because HD is really just too clear for me.

I will work on the lighting.

Thanks.

Matt

ffsooo3

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 pm

Nice.

I know this is the busking "channel" but a few comments if you will allow....

- too much light BEHIND you. I can't see your fingers well enough to comment or steal.
- for expression: slow it down and "feel" each note or phrase, and maybe try to add some vibrato here and there (where appropriate).

schm040

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Daryl,

Yup, just like Marc said, I do need to work on the lighting. I actually am using a "crafters" high intensity light in front of me, it just looks washed out because I edited the video. I will work on it, you are right, my left hand is washed out.

I do need to work on the vibrato and the phrasing, just like Neil said in my review today, work each measure out and then piece them together.

Thanks,
Matt

Craig

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Matt,
Great job! You are well on your way to having a beautiful song nailed. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

buddy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Matt, Bravo, I thought that was very well done. You have inspired me to take a look at this song.

Bud

lueders

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Matt, I thought that was just fantastic! Now see, this is one reason I love T.G...I presently couldn't do that. And, I can learn a lot from your playing...and such a wide spectrum of folks excelling in so many various facets of the guitar. This area looks like one of your strong suits. I thought this was a VERYl nice rendition of a hauntingly beautiful song. I even like that your face is basked in that elliptical glow...very cinematic! I almost expect Don Corleone walk in. Awesome, Dude! keep posting!

BobR

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Matt,

Very nicely done. As far as expression goes I think you've got it, as far as accuracy I couldn't tell I just thought it was real nice to listen to. Your setup sounds great

Thanks for the look

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic