Busking Yusuf Islam

michelew

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am

Buddy,

This just gets better and better every time you post it. Obviously you have been practicing it.

As others have said, it's very moving. And I also like that you changed the phrasing to suit the way you felt like singing it.

Just beautiful.

But, I have a question for you. Do you sleep? The rate with which you've able to get great videos up just astounds me.

Great job.

Michele

ffsooo3

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 am

Your best effort to date. Lovely!

RicksPick

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 am

Buddy O Buddy

Im sure you have already put this up before so guess its a update

sound real good and suits your voice to a tee
Very good cover, you could open with this tune at any gig

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

I Have to agree with Scptt, Buddy. Your videos make me stop, sit back and listen. Great job on this! And your voice is really something special and your recording quality is fantastic ans something hope to aspire too this year. Love it!

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Ness,

Thanks for listening to this, are you sure the goosebumps were not from an open window and a cold breeze :-)

Thanks also for the insight on the base notes in the strumming.

Bud

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Scott,

What you do take a lot of skill. I have done a lot of work with a lathe doing woodwork. so I appreciate the craftsmanship it takes for you to machine parts by hand on one.

Bud

jcrocket

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Buddy, another great job - definitely deserves a prominent spot in your gig setlist.

I've always enjoyed how you've experimented with different video approaches - camera position, lighting, effects, etc. For what it's worth, I like the approach you used here the best.

Jeff

dennisg

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:17 pm

This is really one of your best efforts to date, Buddy. That was quite a surprise when you jumped an octave.

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Willem, Thank you my friend for your kind words.

Michele, I don't get as much sleep as I need to but things are a little slower around here with the cold weather so I have a little more time indoors than usual. When I am playing music it creates a lot of energy for me.

Daryl, Thanks !

Rick, I am thinking about doing an open mic this Saturday so I might take your suggestion on this.

Chris, that means a lot coming from someone with such a good natural voice as yours. Can't wait to here you songs with the new equipment.

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Jeff, Thanks, I like this camera setup better as well.

Dennis, I think jumping up that octave surprised my throat as well. :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic