Busking Yusuf Islam

buddy

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Cover of Father and Son.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I have always loved this song. Hope you enjoy it.

Bud

coomba

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

G'day Buddy
Im currently in my workshop turning some parts up on the lathe, I always have my laptop nearby with TG pretty well on all day so I can catch up on things in between jobs , when I noticed you had just put up one of my all time favorite songs, so I thought I will have to stop work and watch your effort.
Mate I got to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I don't comment on that many uploads as I don't have the musical knowledge to give any kind of advice, so I just stick to positive feed back from time to time when something really moves me, and this one sure did .
Thanks for showing it.
Now I had better get back to the lathe.
Cheers
Scott

lueders

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Pretty good stuff there Buddy! I liked that a lot.
Can't think of anything to clever to say. Just another good performance and I enjoyed it.

Cori

tovo

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Bud I remember you did this a while back. You have sure improved it with some practice. I think you have made it your own with some clever phrasing and it came out real nice.

Thanks for the upload.

Lavallee

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Nice work Buddy, I also remember your first try on this and your intro is excellent now and the sections are well connected and I like the bridge section . I also like the quick change G to C where you keep everything in time

Marc

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:55 am

Scott,

Great to here from you. Thanks for taking the time from turning that lathe to listen to this. What are you working on with the lathe, metal or wood ?

Bud

buddy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 am

Cori, Tony and Marc,

Thanks guys, as you said I have put a lot of additional work into this after many constructive comments on the first effort and I am glad that it showed through.

Bud

dtaylor

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 am

Buddy.....I got goosebumps....you performed this só beautifully and from the heart....my favorite video by you...you being so close to the camera now, even looking in it adds to it and makes it all so.....well I don't know the word, just great (that's an understatement)!

I've said it before, I'm not really into tech-stuff, but I envy your setup, sounds terrific!

I haven't seen your earlier video of this song, I liked your flatpicking during the instrumental part! I did notice that during the singing you kinda not put an accent on the first beat of the measure and not hitting the bassnotes most of the time (the G-chord for instance).. I was missing that a little, but maybe that's me and what I would do. It doesn't take of anything what I said already, just a little observation..

Anyway, gonna listen to it again, just beáutiful!

Ness

coomba

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 am

G'day Buddy
I work metal mate, its what I do for a living, self employed, mostly spare parts for power stations and mining equipment,short run stuff, old school no cnc in my shed.
Keeps me busy which gets in the way of guitar a fair bit.
Cheers
Scott

willem

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 am

Buddy,,more and more you get comfort with songs and make them your own and in a very expressive way,very well,,this is not intimidate me it just inspires me,i like all you vids..

I love the take on the father and son part and must say the father is very relaxed to his son,,i mean,,when the father sings you do that relaxed and the son more belting,i love it a,,thats the way..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic