Busking MARVIN GAYE

tombo1230

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Buddy, just great! This suited your voice and loved the percussive element in your playing. You made it look easy.

Tom N.

Lavallee

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 am

buddy wrote:
Marc, It was a very fun time and kind of a last minute thing.

Bud
Hi Buddy, why don't you start a thread Open Mic experience or something similar. Jay did one as well, Vanessa did as well. It will certainly help people knowing what to expect. Stuff like how you heard about the place, your preparation, if there was any, the first few minutes before, when you got comfortable, crowd reaction.

Thanks

Marc

BobR

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 am

Buddy,

I really liked your version of this song. I especially liked your percusive effect throughout.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Rock solid, buddy! Nice jazzy twist on a classic tune.

As others have said- I too liked the percussive beat you gave it. I also liked the double bass notes you were doing. Must have been tough to keep that going through the whole song.

One question I have is about the intro. There was something missing for me. It was almost like there was one higher note that should have been in there that wasn't. Or a muted note? Sorry I'm a bit vague on this. The intro of the original song is so distinctive- i'd try to get it exact. You did such a good job playing the rest of the song. And vocals rocked of course!

buddy

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

Tom, Bob and Al,

Thanks guys for the feedback and the input on this.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic