Busking SOUL MUSIC

willem

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:17 am

Sometimes(no ALWAYS) we must listen again and again and then we know how good it really was(is),,super the whole thing,,bass,guitar,singin everything..

W.

dennisg

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 am

Fantastic, Michele! This is one of the best things I've seen from you. Your guitar playing was smooth, the bass playing seemed spare and moody (which is perfect for this song), and your voice seems tailor-made for this tune. All in all, I really enjoyed it, and you continue to be an inspiration.

michelew

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Willem - thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it more the second time. :)

Den - I always love receiving your comments. They are very motivational all by themselves. It's a great song. I've always loved it and it seems to handle both a rich and a sparse treatment. I think you may be right about the camera exposure thing. The nerves do seem the be easing. My throat didn't feel clamped down this time. So, inspirational you say. Do you have a soul song to add to this thread? I'm sure you've got one in you. Thanks for the encouragement and support. You're sweet.

M.

Craig

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 am

Sorry I'm a little late to this Michelle, but cool, very cool! I really enjoyed it all the way around. Guitar playing very nice. Vocals a great fit for this song. Challenging yourself with playing the bass, a great inspiration. I'm very happy for you. Way to go!
Craig

michelew

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Craig,

Thanks so much for you nice comment. I'm really Glad you liked it.

Michele

stratman3

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 am

Buddy,

Excellent, as always,
I am so glad to hear about the good news. God has been looking over you and your wife.
I can hear the heart felt genuine rejoice in your voice, there is so much feeling to your singing.

God bless

Gary B)

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 am

buddy wrote:
Amazing Grace - My Chains are Gone

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

With all of the trials over the past year with Sue's health, and now the very positive news and prognosis for her cancer, I feel like some great burdens have been lifted off of me. This song, which is a modern version of the hymn Amazing Grace, really expresses that sense of relief that I feel. The chains of concern are gone and instead I feel a great sense of gratitude and humility that is very freeing.

Hope you can share in my joy in this song,

Bud

I've been late to the party before, but this is redic!!!
Buddy, I knew of your wife's progress from other posts.
Fantastic tribute to her and the love you share.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 am

Michele,

As I mentioned to Buddy, just found this thread, even though it's been up for over 10 months!!
I've been working on 'Ain't No Sunshine' and wondered if anyone else had uploaded a version of it.
Happy to find yours, and to see a new member of your flock!! So cool to hear youve taken up the bass. How long did it take you to get it that far?
And where are you getting the tab for it?

Thanks for sharing.

michelew

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 am

Al,

Thanks.

I didn't use tab for the bass line. I looked for some you tube videos to see where it was being played and listened to the song a lot (the record and the version in the lesson). I ended up playing something fairly close to one of the you tube renditions, which was pretty straightforward. I'll send you the link if you like just PM me. I had had the bass about three weeks when I played this and started playing the song the week before (I think - I forget).

The bass is trickier in some respects than i expected (i have a thread on it where I talk about the challenges), but it's not that hard to get started; my preference for classical position (I'm sure there's a joke there) and relaxing the tension in my hands being the big two. I've realised that my timing is not quite as good as I thought it was also. :) I think you've love it. Give it a go if you're interested, especially if you can just hire one for a little while. It is great fun.

Got for it I say! :)

Michele

AndyT

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 am

Don't feel bad Al, I missed this thread also. *shamed look*
Being busy is great, and I love the fact that I'm working, but I miss so much here.

Buddy, Great song. One I play fairly often, but for different reasons. I'm really happy for you and your wife.
I know firsthand how hard living that can be.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic